How the Service Works:
Graduate students should log into Writing Center Online to book a virtual appointment. With a virtual/email appointment, students select an appointment time and upload their tasks. The selected appointment time is the beginning of the review window for their work, which will usually be returned within 48 hours. When booking an appointment, select graduate student appointments from the Graduate Student Appointments.
About Graduate Writing Consultation:
What we can do:
- Provide constructive feedback on your ideas, outlines and drafts
- Provide help with improving organization and structure
- Provide feedback to improve word flow, clarity, readability
- Provide feeback to APA or other formal style guidelines, including in-text citation and documentation
- Provide feeback on grammar and punctuation errors
- Respond to your initial request withitn 24-48 hours
We cannot do:
- GWCs cannot "fix" or correct errors--they can identify them and point you to recources for help
- GWCs cannot be content experts in your discipline. GWCs are masters-qualified experts in writing. They can help with your writing but cannot tell you whether you have gotten your content "right." Consult your professor for help with that.
- GWCs cannot write your work for you. They are here for your guidance and support only.
- GWCs do work outside the 9-5 workday, but are not on-call 24/7. Do not wait until the last minute to request help.
Contact Dr. Lorna Condit, Associate Director of the University Writing Center with questions: