The Ashland University Honors Program offers academically talented undergraduate students cross-disciplinary experiences, participation in an intellectual community devoted to discussion and dialogue and special projects and courses that challenge the mind. The cornerstone of the Honors Program is the belief that intellectual stimulation and camaraderie among Honors students give them a more complete college experience. The experiences you have through the Honors Program will challenge you and also make you more appealing to top graduate schools and employers.
Honors Program opportunities include:
- Honors core courses centered on discussion and dialogue and capped at 15 students
- Priority enrollment in all classes
- Peer mentoring for freshmen
- Optional honors housing to further enhance your learning environment
- Limited number of scholarships available for incoming Honors Program freshmen
- Study groups and lecture series for Honors students
- Honors social events such as game nights, Pizza with the Profs, the Honors Retreat, Ultimate Frisbee games, Euchre tournaments and more
- Honors Capstone Project through which you work closely with a faculty member on an in-depth original project related to your major
- Study abroad experiences have included the 2013 Grecian and Turkish Odyssey and the recent 2015 Italy: The Grand Tour trips
Apply to the Honors Program today!
The Ashland University Honors Program is a member of the National Collegiate Honors Council.