Honors Scholarship Application
**Applications now OPEN for Fall 2018 incoming students**
The Ashland University Academic Honors Program offers academically talented undergraduate students cross-disciplinary experiences, participation in an intellectual community devoted to discussion and dialogue, and special projects and courses that challenge the mind. Although all students admitted to the Honors Program have exceptional standardized test scores and high school GPA’s, the Honors Program will recognize incoming freshmen, transfers, and international students who demonstrate exceptional potential by granting them a $1,500/year or $1,000/year merit-based scholarship, renewable for four years. As scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis, students are encouraged to apply soon after being accepted to the Honors Program.
- Member of the Honors Program
- Active fulfillment of Honors Program curricular requirements including the Honors Capstone Project
- Attendance at all Honors Program lectures
- Participation in Honors Society programs
- Service as ambassadors for the Honors Program by talking to prospective students at Admission events
Students applying to receive an Honors Program Scholarship will be selected based on the following guidelines:
- Be an incoming student
- Be a full-time student
- Be accepted into the Honors Program
- Demonstrate leadership within their high school/college experiences as reported on Honors application
- Demonstrate community service as a high school/college student as reported on Honors application
- Submit a response to one of the options below by Thursday, March 1, 2018
- Interview with the Honors Director or a faculty member on the Honors Advisory Committee by Friday, March 9, 2018
Late Honors Scholarship Applications will be accepted, but only if scholarships are still available. Honors Scholarship Applications received after March 1st may not receive full consideration.
Honors Program Scholarship Application
Your Honors Program application will be reviewed as part of the scholarship selection process. Additionally, select one of the following options to apply for the scholarship:
- Option 1: Write an essay of approximately 250 words in response to the following question: "Where do your passions lie?" Submit your essay in MS Word or PDF format.
- Option 2: Creativity can be expressed in many ways. Submit a project that demonstrates your creativity in an area such as music, theatre, photography, visual arts, creative writing and literature, mathematics, science, history, dance or the like. Although not required, you may wish to include a brief paragraph providing background information about your project.
Submit your response via e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line "Honors Scholarship response" and include your name and phone number in the email.