The Study Abroad Office promotes learning opportunities for all eligible Ashland University students to gain an understanding of other regions, countries, languages and cultures through educational travel in the U.S. and abroad.
From 10-day group faculty-led tours to academic-year independent travel study, the Study Abroad Office has opportunities that are right for you! To learn more, visit our webpage: ashland.abroadoffice.net - Use the interactive world map to search programs by country, or use the left sidebar menu to learn about internal offerings and exchange opportunities!
Study Abroad Opportunities
- Pre-Approved Programs [Semester/Academic Year/Summer] - Ashland University has pre-approved programs in 38+ countries. Students receive credit for courses taken abroad that advance their AU academic program. For a list of AU-approved programs, visit the Abroad Office online at ashland.abroadoffice.net.
- Exchange Programs [Semester/Academic Year] - Spend a semester or academic year studying at one of AU’s partner universities for the same tuition cost as AU. Major/minor courses as well as core courses are pre-approved. Locations include: France, Taiwan, Brazil and South Korea. See ashland.abroadoffice.net for more information.
- AU Summer Programs [4-8 Weeks]
- AU in Germany - Students take two core courses taught by AU Faculty and travel within Germany. Students spend one week in Ashland and then travel with faculty members to Wittenberg, Germany, for three weeks.
- AU in Costa Rica - The best way to learn a language is through an immersion experience. AU in Costa Rica offers students the opportunity to study Spanish for 4-8 weeks, live with a host family, visit exciting sites and even receive customized Spanish language instruction for their particular career field.
- AU in France - AU in France is a six-week summer program designed to provide students with an immersion experience. Students will earn six credit hours of French language, participate in excursions and live with French families.
- COBE in Taiwan - The College of Business and Economics (COBE) offers students the opportunity to spend six weeks in Taiwan and learn basic Chinese Language, take the course Taiwanese Business Culture and participate in company site visits.
- Faculty-Led Tours [1-3 Weeks] - Each year, Ashland University coordinates faculty-led tours to locations all over the world from England to Africa to China. These academic programs allow students to accompany one or more faculty members as they explore a focused topic that uses the destination as the classroom. Past programs have traveled to Arizona, Austria, Belgium, China, Costa Rica, England, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Massachusetts, Mississippi, South Africa and Spain.
- Student Teaching Abroad [7 Weeks] - The College of Education offers pre-service teachers the opportunity to complete their student teaching requirement abroad. Students are assigned to a school that utilizes English as the language of instruction. International locations include: Australia, Bahamas, China, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, South Africa and Spain.