Congratulations on your upcoming graduation. For late applications, please skip to the next section. If you are submitting your application on time, please follow the steps below.
- Go to the following website: webadvisor.ashland.edu
- Log into Webadvisor.
- Click on “Students”.
- Under the sub-heading “Academic Profile” click on “Application for Graduation”.
- Follow the prompts as they appear on the screen and click “Submit”.
Once you complete the application in Webadvisor an email will be sent to your Ashland University email account containing the application confirmation. Should you need assistance you may contact our Information Technology Department directly at 419.289.5405.
Application for Graduation Deadlines:
- May Graduation Application
- Due November 1st for undergraduate students
- Due February 1st for graduate students
- August Graduation Application
- Due May 1st for all students
- December Graduation Application
- Due May 1st for undergraduate students
- Due September 1st for graduate students
- Students planning to complete course work by the end of fall semester should apply for December conferment.
- Students planning to complete course work by the end of spring semester should apply for May conferment.
- Students planning to complete their course work by the end of the summer should apply for August conferment.
**Any application received after the deadline will be charged an additional $25 late fee.
**If you need to apply for graduation and the deadline is past, you must complete a hard copy of the graduation application found below.
- Adult Studies Criminal Justice Online Graduation Application
- Undergraduate Graduation Application
- 5 Year BSBA/MBA Graduation Application
- Master's Graduation Application
- Doctoral Graduation Application
Diplomas will be mailed to students who do not attend the commencement ceremony,
Graduate Graduations Policies:
The University has three conferment dates: one in December, one in May and one in August. There is a December ceremony which August and December graduates may attend, as well as a May ceremony for all May graduates. In order to have the degree status listed on a transcript; students must apply for graduation (December, May, or August) by the appropriate deadline listed below. All applications are to be returned to the Office of Records and Registration, 206 Founders Hall.
An application for a graduation is to be filed with the Office of Records and Registration within the time specified in the Registrar‘s calendar. Failure to submit an application will result in the student not being able to attend commencement or have the degree posted on the official transcript.
Undergraduate Graduation Policies:
Course Requirements and Grade Point Average:
- A candidate for a baccalaureate degree must have completed all the course and proficiency requirements for that particular degree and must earn not less than 120semester hours (60 hours for associate degree) of college work with a grade point average of not less than 2.0. The grade point average in the candidate‘s major field must be at least 2.25, or 2.5 in certain majors.
- To be eligible to participate in the May commencement ceremony, the graduate must be able to complete all degree requirements prior to the day of May Commencement.
- Any student listed in the graduation program who has failed to complete these requirements will not receive a diploma or teaching license at commencement. The student must then complete all requirements before reapplying for graduation or licensure on the next graduation date after requirements are fully met.
An application for graduation is to be filed with the Office of Records and Registration within the time specified in the Registrar‘s calendar. Failure to submit an application will result in the student not being able to attend commencement or have the degree posted on the official transcript.
Residence Requirement (Academic):
A candidate for a degree must take a minimum of 30 semester hours at Ashland University. The last 12 hours of coursework and at least one half of the student‘s work in his/her major field must be taken at Ashland University A minimum of 50 hours must be earned at a four-year college or university.