Our team of experts has put together a collection of resources for students looking to enhance their professional growth and make the most of their university experience. Below, find local and online resources available through Ashland University.
Ashland University Career Closet
First impressions matter and dressing for success is a must—especially in job interviews. The Ashland University Career Closet provides students with the professional attire and accessories they need to succeed. If you are a student with budgetary restrictions who can’t find the right attire for job interviews and career fairs, please contact us at CCLC-AU@ashland.edu or visit us in room 254 of the Student Center.
If you have extra or unwanted professional attire, please donate it to the Career Closet. We are a donation-based, student-run operation and we depend on the support of our community to help our students prepare for their careers!
When donating, please consider the following:
- We are seeking clothing appropriate for interviews and other professional events, such as conferences and career fairs. This includes:
- Men’s and women’s business suits
- Business shirts and blouses
- Professional pants, slacks and skirts
- Ties, belts, jewelry, scarves and other accessories
- Shirt and pant hangers
- We can only accept clothing that is:
- Freshly laundered or dry-cleaned (preferably on hangers).
- Free of stains, tears, rips and other damage, including missing buttons and zippers.
- We also accept monetary donations, including gift cards to clothing stores.
To make donations, please contact us at 419-289-5064 or CCLC-AU@ashland.edu to set up an appointment for drop-off. We receive donations through the Career Center for Life Calling office and can make special arrangements as needed.
The Innovation lab exists to promote creative thinking and innovation in career development and to carry out the mission of the Morgan Center: “To ignite the entrepreneurial spirit of the students, faculty, university, alumni and greater Ashland community.”
The Innovation Lab is located in the College of Business and Economics. Students can work on creative endeavors, discuss ideas with fellow creatives or use resources such as 3D printers and a laser engraver.The lab, which consists of cubicle workspaces and a larger group area, is available for student use during normal business hours.
For more information on usage and availability of the Innovation Lab, please contact the College of Business and Economics at COBE-AU@ashland.edu.
Handshake is a career services platform that allows organizations to post employment opportunities, coordinate professional events and career fairs and promote networking and communication between businesses and like-minded individuals.
The Career Center for Life Calling uses Handshake and encourages all Ashland University students to create an account. Through Handshake, you can apply for university jobs (both on- and off-campus), attend virtual career fairs and network with employers and peers.
Below, find instructions for viewing Ashland University job postings and events on Handshake:
Viewing Ashland University on Handshake (Current Students):
- Create a Handshake account using your Ashland University email (the one that ends with ashland.edu).
- Click on “Schools” on the left side of the screen. Click on “More Schools on Handshake.”
- Search for “Ashland University.” When Ashland University appears, click “Request.”
- Once your request has been submitted, our team will accept your request.
- You will then be able to log in and view jobs and events posted by Ashland University.
Viewing Ashland University on Handshake (Alumni):
- Fill out the Alumni Handshake Request Form.
- The Career Center for Life Calling will review your submission and confirm your alumni status.
- You will then receive access to your Handshake account via email.
For questions about Handshake, contact CCLC-AU@ashland.edu.