Support the Department
By donating any amount you're making a big difference in our department's future. To designate your gift to the social work department, select “Other” in the "Designated Options" and type the department's name in the associated box.
Reach your goals with a career in social work.
If you have a passion for helping others improve their lives and their communities, social work is an excellent choice. As a licensed professional, you will have excellent job prospects in areas such as mental health, health, schools, community centers, family services, substance abuse and aging. Over 95 percent of our Social Work graduates in the last five years have either gotten a job or been accepted into a graduate school within six months of graduation.
What You'll Love about AU's Social Work Program
- Our program is very popular with employers. In the past five years, over 95 percent of our graduates have either gotten a job or been accepted into graduate school. Most who apply to graduate school in social work have received advanced standing allowing them to complete their master’s degree in less than the typical two years.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the need for social work professionals in fields like education, healthcare, and mental health will grow nearly 20 percent by 2022.
- There are more than 40 internship agencies affiliated with the program.
- Ashland Social Work graduates achieved over a 90 percent passage rate on the 2014 Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) licensing exam which far exceeds the national pass rate (78 percent) and the Ohio pass rate (83 percent) for bachelor’s degree students.
- Our faculty members are highly experienced educators and field practitioners.
- You’ll have opportunities to earn extra academic credits through service learning.
- You will have many opportunities for agency service and internships.
- Our program has been accredited by the Council on Social Work Education since 1987.