Professor of English
Editor and Director of Ashland Poetry Press
Center for the Humanities of Bixler Hall
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 1993 and serves as editor and director of Ashland Poetry Press
- Teaches courses in Creative Writing, Literature and Composition
- Research interests are W. B. Yeats, Robinson Jeffers, Anglo-Irish literature, modern poetry and environmentalist literature
- Author of “Into a New Country,” a 2016 collection of free verse and formalist poems published by Cherry Grove Collections; “Without Leave,” a novel published by Black Mountain Press; “Morning, Winter Solstice,” a collection of poetry published by Vineyard Press; “Migrations,” a collection of poetry published by Finishing Line Press; "A man who does not exist: The Irish Peasant in the Work of W. B. Yeats and J. M. Synge,” published by University of Michigan Press; and “Towers of Myth and Stone: Yeats's Influence on Robinson Jeffers,” published by University of South Carolina Press
- Her collection of essays titled “Waiting for the Foal,” is due to be published in 2019 by Kent State University Press
- Received the Asheville Award in the Novel, the Vandewater Poetry Award, and a fellowship from the National Endowment for the Humanities
- Served as keynote speaker at the W. B. Yeats Society of New York and the Tor House Foundation Fall Festival
The Ohio State University, Ph.D., M.A., B.A.
I work in...
Various ensembles including brass, saxophone, string and a jazz combo...Read more
Ashland University Department of Theatre presents the annual showcase concert...Read more
The Ashland University Chamber Singers and Women's Chorus present the...Read more