Professor of English
Editor and Director of Ashland Poetry Press
Center for the Humanities of Bixler Hall
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 1993 and serves as editor and director of Ashland Poetry Press
- Teaches courses in Creative Writing, Literature and Composition
- Research interests are W. B. Yeats, Robinson Jeffers, Anglo-Irish literature, modern poetry and environmentalist literature
- Author of “Into a New Country,” a 2016 collection of free verse and formalist poems published by Cherry Grove Collections; “Without Leave,” a novel published by Black Mountain Press; “Morning, Winter Solstice,” a collection of poetry published by Vineyard Press; “Migrations,” a collection of poetry published by Finishing Line Press; "A man who does not exist: The Irish Peasant in the Work of W. B. Yeats and J. M. Synge,” published by University of Michigan Press; and “Towers of Myth and Stone: Yeats's Influence on Robinson Jeffers,” published by University of South Carolina Press
- Her collection of essays titled “Waiting for the Foal,” is due to be published in 2019 by Kent State University Press
- Received the Asheville Award in the Novel, the Vandewater Poetry Award, and a fellowship from the National Endowment for the Humanities
- Served as keynote speaker at the W. B. Yeats Society of New York and the Tor House Foundation Fall Festival
The Ohio State University, Ph.D., M.A., B.A.
I work in...
All Ashland University students (from all majors) are invited to...Read more
The Ashland Area Chorus (AAC), under the direction of Libby...Read more
Ashland University Theatre will hold auditions for AN ENEMY OF...Read more
Ashland University Theatre's touring musical revue performance group will hold...Read more