Dr. David McCoy
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2011 and serves as chair of the Department of Journalism and Digital Media
- Primary research area is the impact of social media technologies on learning, and his teaching areas include video/audio aesthetics, the global impact of social media, media writing and digital media technologies
- Taught journalism, film, digital media production and education courses for more than 25 years, including his specialty areas which are new media aesthetics, scriptwriting, historical documentary and multimedia production
- Created numerous award-winning documentaries and public affairs programs for Western Reserve Public Media/WNEO and WEAO PBS Channels 45 & 49
- Contributing author to the book, “Sound and Look Professional on Television and the Internet” and the book, "Social Media and Politics: A New Way to Participate in the Political Process"
I work in...
Ashland University’s Journalism & Digital Media Department is the only fully integrated media program in the state of Ohio. We offer an innovative, state-of-the-art converged media education experience for today’s digital storytellers. Students immerse themselves in print... Read More