Dr. Rowland Blackley
Director of Choral Activities
Professor of Music
Coordinator of Music Education
Center for the Arts
- Joined Ashland University in 1997; supervises all aspects of the choral program and teaches in the areas of conducting and music education
- Conducts the University Choir and Chamber Singers and also founded the Ashland Area Chorus
- Has served as conductor and music director for several Ashland University theatrical productions
- Taught and conducted at the Oberlin College Conservatory of Music, Lindsey Wilson College, Kent State University and high schools in Ohio and Colorado
- Organized and led choirs on several domestic and international tours
- Serves as Music Director at Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ashland and is an Associate of the American Guild of Organists
- Member of the National Association for Music Education, Dalcroze Society of America, and a life member of the American Choral Directors Association
- Popular clinician and adjudicator (vocal, choral, piano). Has over 30 choral compositions published with Southern Music Company and RBC Music
University of Colorado, D.M.A in Literature and Performance of Choral Music
Kent State University, Master of Music
Concordia College, B.S.
I work in...
Music at Ashland University
Whether you want to study music as a major or minor, or continue your involvement in music by performing in an excellent ensemble, the Ashland University department of music offers you many opportunities.
By Arthur Miller | Adapted from Henrik Ibsen's play Directed...Read more
Book Discussion: Our Kids-The American Dream in Crisis. Dauch 115...Read more
Maggie Smith is the author of three books of poetry:...Read more