Dr. Teresa Durbin-Ames
Artistic Director of Theatre
Associate Professor of Theatre
Center for the Arts
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2000 and serves as the artistic director of theatre
- Teaches courses in theatre history, script analysis and musical theatre
- Has directed "Dancing at Lughnasa," "The Mystery of Edwin Drood," "Saint Joan," "Leveling Up," "The Autumn Garden," “Three Tall Women” and "Into the Woods" at Ashland University and "The Sound of Music” and “Gypsy" for Ashland Summer Theatre Festival.
- Served as director of theatre at Waynesburg College in Pennsylvania where she directed "Barnum,” “Quilters," "Tally’s Folly," "Antigone," "Love Letters" and "I Hate Hamlet"
- Spent several summers at the Huron Playhouse where she served as the box office manager and business manager, and had the pleasure to direct "The Secret Garden," "The King & I," "The Last Night of Ballyhoo" and "The Pajama Game"
- Member of the Association for Theatre in Higher Education and a respondent for the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival
Bowling Green State University, Ph. D. and M.A. in Theatre
John Carroll University, B.S. in Chemistry
I work in...
Elissa Washuta is a member of the Cowlitz Indian Tribe...Read more
Thinking about an MFA? Come chat with the Administrative Director...Read more
Talk from Dr. Barb Schmidt-Rinehart and Foreign Language Honors Reception...Read more
MaLisa Spring , State Coordinator for the Ohio Dragonfly Survey,...Read more