Bring your love of language and literature to life for the next generation of high school students.
In Ashland University’s Integrated Language Arts program, you will learn from published authors and literary scholars in the English Department and receive teacher training through AU’s College of Education.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment prospects for teachers are expected to increase 6 percent between 2012 and 2022.
Why Major in Integrated Language Arts at Ashland University?
- Teaching Placement Variety: We offer opportunities for students to teach in other states and countries, such as Florida, South Carolina, Germany, and France.
- Expert Faculty: Students learn from professors with extensive classroom teaching experience.
- Great Job Preparation: The curriculum includes preparation in content that is both broad and deep, coupled with extensive classroom observations and student teaching.
- Broad Skill Set: Graduates teach a variety of subjects including literature, composition, creative writing, speech, debate, journalism, and digital media.
- Excellent Job Placement: Graduates hold positions throughout Ohio, across the United States, and in other countries.
Here is a sample of schools where recent graduates have landed full-time teaching positions:
Ashland City Schools
Bellalago Academy, Kissimmee, FL
Brunswick City Schools
Chippewa High School, Doylestown
Clearfork High School, Bellville
Focus North High School, Columbus
Granville City Schools
Holy Name High School, North Olmsted
Kettering Fairmont High School
Loudonville High School
Medina City Schools
Notre Dame - Cathedral Latin High School, Chardon
Ohio Connections Academy
Poinciana High School, Kissimmee, FL
St. Paul High School, Norwalk
Triway High School, Wooster
West Lake City Schools
West Holmes High School, Millersburg
Willow Bend Academy, Dallas/Fort Worth, TX