Ashland University's Accounting program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
Advancing Your Accounting Future
Do you have an analytical mind, a strong attention to detail, and a passion for solving problems? The Accounting program at Ashland University might be for you.
This program proudly claims:
- Ours is the only program in Ohio and the eighth program in the U.S. to hold specialized accounting accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business and School Programs.
- The CPA exam pass rate for Ashland Accounting is historically above the Ohio and National averages for the most recently published data from 2015 and 2016.
- In 2015, Ashland University's CPA passing rate was 66.7% compared to Ohio Average of 56.7%, and the National Average of 55.0%
- In 2016, Ashland University's CPA passing rate was 63.6% compared to Ohio Average of 54.7%, and the National Average of 54.4%
- We uniquely offer an accelerated Bachelor of Science/Master of Business Administration with an Accounting Specialization program for dedicated accounting students seeking to accelerate the courses needed to start an accounting career.
- We also offer classes to obtain the CMA certification.
What to Expect in the Accounting Program
Many refer to accounting as the “language of business” because organizations in nearly every industry have a need for employees, consultants, or independent practitioners with accounting knowledge and expertise.
The Accounting program at Ashland University strives to help you achieve your CPA licensure, professional accounting certifications, and competencies most prized by accounting firms and other organizations by encouraging you to put the accounting principles you learn to practice with real world experiences like internships, hands-on projects, and national competitions.
Accounting Program Benefits
It’s no secret that graduates of the Accounting program at Ashland University graduate well-equipped for their careers. In fact, many employers have reported that Ashland students outperform students from other schools.
Other program benefits include:
- Study with excellent accredited professors and work with leading accounting professionals
- Learn in small class sizes with individualized attention
- Benefit from a cutting-edge accounting curriculum structured to encourage student success
- Attend a “Meet the Accountant Night” night on campus to network, gain career insights, and explore internships and job opportunities with close to 20 different employers each Fall
- Get involved with the IMA Accounting club to get the resources you need for professional growth
- Participate in the IRS VITA Tax Program by preparing tax returns for individuals in the community.
- Gain insights to apply your future career with internships and real-world experience opportunities
The accounting program at Ashland University combines a broad business foundation with a concentration in specialized accounting course to provide you with core business competencies and technical accounting knowledge.
Sample courses include:
- Financial Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Accounting Information Tecnology
- Forensic Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
Accounting Career Outlook
Average Career Salary
Recent Employers of Accounting Graduates
- DFAS (Department of Finance and Accounting Services)
- Ernst & Young, LLP
- Internal Revenue Service
- The J.M. Smucker Company
- Meaden & Moore
- Rea & Associates
- Barnes Wendling, CPAs
- Deloitte & Touche
- Maloney + Novotny, LLC
- Cohen & Company
- Huntington Bank
- State of Ohio Auditor's Office
- Westfield Insurance
- Chief Financial Officer
- Corporate Financial Analyst
- External Auditor
- Internal Audior
- Forensic Accountant
- Tax Advisor
- Valuation Expert
- IRS Criminal Investigator