You are here
Evolving With the Economy
Do you have strong quantitative, analytical, and communication skills or a natural inclination to solve problems and predict future trends? The Economics program at Ashland University might be for you.
CEOs of major companies have ranked economics as the second best undergraduate degree students can receive, according to BusinessWeek magazine. At Ashland University, our economics majors stand apart from the crowd because they truly understand and work within economic realities and markets every day.
What to Expect in the Economics Program
Economics is a social sciences that deals with making choices when resources are scarce. As an economics major, you’ll learn micro, macro, and international economics to predict consumer, company, and country behavior with sophisticated techniques. You’ll also get the chance to do original research with real-time, real-world projects on your own and alongside accredited faculty, providing you with unheard of opportunities among universities nationwide.
Economics Program Benefits
In this program, you will:
- Mesh your interests across the business, political, and legal spectrums
- Learn in small class sizes with individualized attention
- Have opportunities to do original research with real-time, real-world topics
- Evaluate intricate information and make data-driven decisions and conclusions with today’s technology
- Benefit from a dedicated, experienced faculty determined to help you succeed
The courses provided in the Economics major evolve as the global world evolves. As an Economics major, you’ll study current events and bring real-time examples into the classroom for the utmost college experience.
Sample courses include:
- Elementary Statistics
Economics Career Outlook
Average Career Salary
Anticipated Career Growth
Demand for jobs in economics is expected to grow six percent over the next ten years.
Recent Employers of Economic Graduates
- Bank One
- Cigna Company
- Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
- Merrill Lynch & Company Foundation Inc.
- Procter and Gamble
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Manager
- International Analyst
- Market Analyst
- Sales Consultant
- Business Forecaster
- Purchasing Manager