Careers in Economics
Average Career Salary
Anticipated demand over next 10 years
According to BusinessWeek magazine, chief executive officers of major companies ranked
economics as the second best undergraduate degree students can receive.
Recent employers of our economics graduates inculde:
- Bank One
- Cigna Company
- Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
- Merrill Lynch & Company Foundation Inc.
- Proctor and Gamble See More...
Predict consumer, company and country behavior with sophisticated techniques
Our economics majors stand apart from the crowd because they truly understand and work within intricate economic realities and markets. You’ll learn micro, macro and international economics, and also get the chance to do original research with real-time, real-world topics.
What You’ll Love About the Economics Major:
- You will learn ways to be thoughtful and deliberate in your decisions since deep analysis of the issues and a certain tolerance for ambiguity works better in economics than quick-at-the-trigger, black-and-white thinking.
- You can mesh interests across the business, political and legal spectrums
- You’ll get the chance to do original research with real-time, real-world topics.
- Thanks to technology, you can evaluate intricate information and make data-driven decisions and conclusions. Read More...
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Manager
- International Analyst
- Market Analyst
- Sales Consultant See More....
Next logical step after graduation
Economics complements many other majors such as accounting and finance. Students pursuing a career in economics enter into a graduate economics or analytics program.