You are here
Preparing for a Meaningful Marketing Career
Are you a first-class communicator, creative thinker, or good team player? The Marketing program provided by the College of Business and Economics at Ashland University might be for you.
Learn the fundamentals of building a brand strategy, how to make a product or service stand out from the competition, and how to think creatively to bring campaigns to life through the Marketing program’s hands-on courses, internships, and community relationships.
What to Expect in the Marketing Program
Marketing at the heart of every successful organization. An effective business needs employees who can identify consumer needs and create and implement marketing solutions to satisfy those needs. The Marketing program at Ashland University prepares you to think big so you can provide value to any company in stages as early as product development.
Marketing Program Benefits
Marketing will always be a central component to any company, and as it continues to evolve, so will you. The Ashland University Marketing courses prepare you for the real-world, providing you with hands-on experience along the way.
In this program, you will:
- Study theory and work on practical marketing applications in all mediums including print and digital
- Learn in small class sizes with individualized attention
- Broaden your marketing skills through exciting internships with companies big and small
- Benefit from experienced faculty determined to help you succeed
- Get involved in student organizations such as the American Marketing Association (AMA) to collaborate with real clients and jumpstart professional connections
- Choose from a variety of fast-paced, exciting careers in the ever-growing marketing field
From advertising and branding to retail and sales and print and digital marketing, the Marketing program’s high-impact curriculum enables you to leverage real-world opportunities to help you prepare for a meaningful marketing career.
Sample courses include:
- Principles of Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
- Business Communication
Marketing Career Outlook
Average Career Salary
Anticipated Career Growth
Demand for jobs in marketing is expected to grow 17 percent over the next ten years
Recent Employers of Marketing Graduates
- American Greetings
- Columbus Dispatch
- Hyatt Hotel
- Nextel Communications
- Procter & Gamble
- Advertising Account Executive
- Business Development MAnager
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Sales Manager
- Market Research Analyst