You are here
Masters Degree in Educational Leadership + Administrative Licensure
Talk to the faculty coordinator of the Ed. Leadership program today!
Masters Degree in Educational Leadership + Administrative Licensure | Shaping the Leaders of the Future
The Masters Degree in Educational Leadership (EDLS) + Administrative Licensure program trains you for the demands of 21st century education. Educational leadership courses feature the most up-to-date content and instruction from prominent leaders in the field of educational administration.
What to Expect in the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership Program
During your educational leadership classes, you will acquire skills and capabilities in critical areas such as:
- School climate
- Professional ethics
- School safety
- School admin programs
Knowledge in these areas will provide you with skills and dispositions that other university programs simply don’t offer, making Ashland’s University's Masters Degree in Educational Leadership an innovative program that prepares you for a 21st century career in educational administration. Specific licensure courses and capstone activities during the educational leadership degree program will prepare you to pass the Ohio Assessment for Educators Educational Leadership test that is required for administrative licensure.
Discover your potential with a Masters Degree in Educational Leadership from Ashland University!
Benefits of this program include:
- Save time and money. The number of hours required for an online master's in education and licensure has recently decreased, saving you time and money.
- Internship has decreased from 6 hours to 4 hours, although it will still be completed over a full academic year.
- Acquiring administrative licensure has decreased from 9 to 6 hours.
- Demonstrate your exact competencies. The Educational Leadership classes are comprised of one credit hour modules grouped together in two or three credit hour courses. These individual modules will be listed on your transcript for you to easily demonstrate the competencies you’ve acquired to potential employers.
- Flexible scheduling options. All program, capstone, and licensure models are offered in a fast track A/B format (7 weeks), giving you more flexibility when scheduling your required classes for your educational leadership degree.
- An updated curriculum. The new program modules are aligned to key state and national professional standards such as ELCC standards, Ohio Principal Standards, the Ohio Assessment for Educators Educational Leadership standards, and more. This curriculum alignment better prepares you to pass tests required for administrative licensure.