Formal Complaint Form
Provide a policy and procedure for filing a complaint arising from a person(s) internal or external to the Dwight Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences. All information regarding the complaint shall be kept confidential. Those investigating a complaint may only discuss it with those individuals who are immediately involved in the dispute. If the College of Nursing and Health Sciences deems a complaint to be “inappropriate” under this policy, the person submitting the complaint will be notified of a more appropriate avenue to pursue for resolution.
“Appropriate” complaint: defined as a noted dissatisfaction with any application or interpretation of a work process, policy or procedure at the College of Nursing and Health Sciences other than academic integrity issues (undergraduate - Ashland University Student Code of Conduct (See Ashland University Student Handbook); graduate – Student Appeal Policy (See Ashland University Graduate Catalog).
Internal Constituents: defined as the College of Nursing and Health Sciences students, faculty, administration and staff; Ashland University community.
External Constituents: defined as external agencies (including clinical agencies and other providers of goods and services), prospective students to Ashland University and/or the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, the general public (including patients served as part of a clinical experience).
- Ashland University Dwight Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences students will submit a written complaint, concern or improvement suggestion using the online reporting form
- All external constituents will submit a written complaint, concern or improvement suggestion using the online reporting link:
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences Contact Form
- A College of Nursing and Health Sciences designee shall respond to the complaint (internal or external) in writing within ten (10) working days of its receipt. If additional time is needed to respond to the complaint, the person filing the complaint will be notified.
- If resolution of the complaint cannot be achieved at the college-level, the situation will be taken to the university administration to receive input for resolution.