When you complete this program, you will:
- Understand the physiology of the human body at rest and during times of physical stress, with the goal of improving human performance;
- Be able to assess the fitness level of apparently healthy individuals and those with known pathology; and
- Be able to prescribe and develop appropriate exercise and lifestyle modification programs to assist clients in achieving their fitness and/or rehabilitation goals.
The Exercise Science program coursework reflects the standards established by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
Sample classes include:
- Physiology of Exercise. Take part in applied study of body system function during exercise.
- Wellness in Special Populations: From Pediatrics to Geriatrics. Examine common pathologies across the lifespan and their implications for exercise participation.
- Sport Nutrition/Substance Abuse. Study scientifically based research on nutrition and diet, weight control and physical conditioning and the foundations of substance abuse