The traditional four-year program is designed for the student who has completed high school level education or desires to transfer to Ashland University. Students in this program complete Ashland University core coursework in the first two academic years and begin clinical nursing coursework in their junior year. The program is direct entry with no further application required in the clinical coursework.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing prepares students to practice the art and science of professional nursing. Nursing majors are introduced to:
- the theoretical knowledge base for nursing
- research for evidence-based practice
- international perspectives in healthcare
- the nursing process for families and communities
- the role of nurse as leader and manager
- the role of nurses in legal, ethical and political settings
- the highly technical and clinical skills needed for working with patients and their families
This degree also provides the foundation for graduate education in nursing.