Craig Hovey, Ph.D.
Professor of Religion
Department Coordinator of Online and Corrections Courses
Interim Director, Ashland Center for Nonviolence
- Executive Director of the Ashland Center for Nonviolence from 2014 to 2021
- Author of numerous books
- Little-known fact: Long-time CrossFit enthusiast
- Ph.D. in Divinity - University of Cambridge
- Th.M. in Christian Ethics - Fuller Theological seminary
- M.A. in Biblical Studies and Theology - Fuller Theological Seminary
- B.A. in Biology - University of California San Diego
2023-2024 Academic Mentor Award Recipient
"Dr. Hovey was the first person in my life to force me to critically think about the Bible in the lens of theologians, scholars, and great thinkers of the faith. Rather than just know my faith, Dr. Hovey challenged me to ponder the pillars and cornerstones of my religion"
Emma Heim, Senior Political Science Student