Jason Brent Ellis, Ph.D.
Professor of Education
164 Dwight Schar College of Education
Area of Specialty
Historical representations & artifacts of technology, Disability & inclusion in 19th & 20th centuries, Instructional design in tele tandem models of language acquisition between English- & Portuguese-speaking learners, Pedagogy & didactics, bot
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2007 in the Master of Education in Educational Technology Program; re-established the program and state-level Computer Tech endorsement, achieving national recognition through NCATE for both programs.
- Licensed to practice mental health counseling nationally in Canada and as a Registered Clinical Counselor in the province of British Columbia.
- Licensed School Counselor in Ohio
- Has worked in the field of education in Canada, Brazil and the United States
- Awarded the U.S. Dept. of Education, International and Foreign Language Education, Fulbright-Hays Seminars Abroad Program and the Dean’s Compact on Exceptional Children Incentive Grant; funded by the Ohio Department of Education Office for Exceptional Children and the U.S. Department of Education, Fund for the Improvement of Post-Secondary Education Brazil – USA Consortium Grant
- University of Windsor, Windsor, ON, Ph.D. in Educational Studies
- Bowling Green State University, M.Ed. in Guidance and Counseling
- Specialist Degree Education and Human Development, Universidade Estacio da Sa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- University of Toronto, Mississauga, ON, B.S. in Psychology