Joan Berry Kalamas, M.A.
Lecturer of Business and Management
244 Richard E. and Sandra J. Dauch College of Business and Economics
Area of Specialty
- Joined Ashland University faculty full time in 2009 as a Professional Instructor of Business Management
- Created and taught undergraduate and MBA Human Resource Management courses for 10 years as an Adjunct Instructor at three Universities before joining AU full time
- Has more than 25 years experience serving as a Senior Human Resources Professional in the childcare, telecommunications, long-term care, educational and nonprofit fields
- Served as the Vice President of Human Resources in two different organizations
- Is nationally certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources from the Human Resources Certification Institute and nationally certified as a SHRM Senior Certified Professional from the Society of Human Resource Management
- Founded and continues to operate an HR consulting company called Strategic Solutions for over 20 years
- Received the prestigious Ashland University Edward and Louaine Taylor Teaching Excellence Award for 2018 for excellence in teaching
- Serves on the Ohio SHRM State Council from 2000 to present holding various Officer positions; currently serves as the College Relations Director (2016 – present) and previously served as State Council Director (2008-2009)
- Served in various Officer positions for the Human Resources Association of Central Ohio from 1992 – 2000 including serving as the President in 2001
- Serves as the President of a non-profit association in Monroe Township
- Serves as the AU HR Student Chapter Advisor from 2009 – present
- Serves on the AU HR Adopt a Faculty Program, Academic Support, for the Women's Volleyball team. Previously served as the AU Adopt a Faculty Program, Academic Support, for the Men's and Women's Track and Field Teams, 2022-2023.
- Have trained HR Professionals to successfully pass the national HR certification examinations by the Human Resources Certification Institute and SHRM for 26 years.
- Ohio State University, M.A. in Professional Development and Adult Education
- Ashland University, B.A. in Education