Katherine Brown, Ph.D.
Dean, College of Arts & Sciences
202 Center for the Arts
Area of Specialty
Art History, Museum Studies
- Walsh University - Previous dean of the School of Arts and Sciences, Director of the Honors Program, professor of art history; led five Global Learning programs to Rome and London.
- Prior to Walsh University, Brown held a variety of teaching and leadership positions at several universities in the U.S., as well as education and curator positions in U.S. museums.
- Curatorial Team, Treasure of Chianti: Roman Silver Coins of the Republican Age from Cetamura del Chianti, exhibition at the Museo di Santa Maria della Scala, Siena, Italy, May 29 – Sept. 30, 2021
- The Legend of Veronica in Early Modern Art. New York: Routledge, Spring 2020
- Visiting Scholar, American Academy in Rome, June 2019
- Mary of Mercy: Devotional Image and Civic Emblem in Medieval and Renaissance Italian Art. New York: Routledge, 2017
- The Painter’s Reflection: Self-portraiture in Renaissance Venice, 1458 - 1625. Florence: Leo S. Olschki Editore, 2000. Volume 33 in Pocket Library in Studies in Art series
- Favorite thing about Ashland University is the camaraderie, collegiality and team mentality
- Little-known fact: both of her daughters are adopted from Bulgaria
- Ph.D. - Indiana University-Bloomington
- M.A. - Indiana University-Bloomington
- B.A. - Florida State University-Tallahassee