Louis Mancha, Ph.D.
Chair, Philosophy Department
Associate Professor of Philosophy
202 Center for the Humanities of Bixler Hall
Area of Specialty
Medieval and early modern philosophy and philosophy of religion
- Joined Ashland University in 2003
- Has taught 13 different philosophy courses, including Science as a Cultural Force and Great Philosophers
- Delivered papers at national and state conferences, including the American Catholic Philosophical Association, the Society of Christian Philosophers, the American Maritain Society, the Midwest Conference in Medieval Philosophy and the Ohio Philosophical Association
- Favorite thing about Ashland University: Working one-on-one with students in their chosen area of study
- Little-known fact: I was a mechanical engineering major as an undergraduate.
- Ph.D. – Purdue University
- M.A. – Purdue University
- B.A. – Rice University