Maria Sargent, Ph.D.
Professor of Education
165 Dwight Schar College of Education
Area of Specialty
Early childhood, Early intervention, General and special education
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 1995
- Teaches Behavior & Social Intervention and Biomedical Issues (Early Childhood) courses
- Nationally recognized expert in early childhood and early intervention
- Authored the Neuro-Teach book series and curriculum
- Other experience:
- Cuyahoga County Board of Mental Health, behavioral intervention coordinator
- Akron Children’s Hospital Family Child Learning Center, research coordinator
- Kent State University Child Development Center, infant-toddler program coordinator
- ArtSparks Board, president
- Kent State University, Ph.D., M.Ed., B.S.