CaseNEX PD and Ashland University Partner to Provide Unique Online Graduate Credit Courses for Educators
We're excited to announce that CaseNEX by IO Education and Ashland University have partnered to provide specialized, case-based courses focused on supporting educators' ability to address critical issues in today's learning environment. Beginning this October, six courses will be offered, each nine weeks in length and earning three graduate credit hours. More courses are planned for Spring term 2019.
Ashland University, located in Ohio, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and is ranked among the top tier colleges and universities by U.S. News and World Report. CaseNEX is the only K-12 education professional development provider that uses a proven case-based, problem solving approach to immerse educators in working through authentic scenarios they encounter in their schools and classrooms. This new partnership will offer educators in Ohio and across the nation a unique opportunity to build their knowledge and earn graduate credit hours for coursework across several key areas.
Course registration will begin October 1st through Ashland University. The first six courses titles are:
- The Special Learner
- Spanning the Spectrum: Differentiating Instruction in the Inclusive Classroom
- Literacy Differentiation
- Literacy Instruction for At-Risk Student Populations
- Young Scholars: A Model for Finding Gifted Learners in Underserved Populations
- Differentiating Instruction for High Achieving Students
Please click HERE to register.
UPCOMING CONFERENCES FOR CREDIT
December 7, 2018 OAPSA December Conference / Quest Conference Center, North Columbus near Polaris / Visit www.OAPSA.org for more information
January 31, 2019 OMEA Professional Development Conference / Huntington Covention Center Cleveland / For More Information click HERE
February 7-8, 2019 OAPSA Winter Conference / Nationwide Hotel and Cenference Center - Lewis Center and Polaris area / Visit www.OAPSA.org for more information
May 3, 2019 OAPSA Spring Conference / Quest Conference Center, North Columbus near Polaris / Visit www.OAPSA.org for more information
**PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING**
- Once a registration has been processed it cannot be changed. A registration is a commitment to pay the tuition costs.
- With a letter of permission from the instructor a class can be dropped with a refund within 3 days following initial registration. After 3 days, tuition is non-refundable.
- PDS is typically graded as Pass (S) or Fail (U).
- Students can use Ashland's student portal, WebAdvisor to view courses they have registered for, view grades, print account statements or grade reports.
- Once grades have been posted, an official transcript can be ordered from our registrar's office.
Please use the links below to set up your WebAdvisor account and to request transcripts once your grades have been posted
Please use WebAdvisor to check your grades before ordering transcripts from the registrar *
* transcript requests will be processed even if grades have not yet posted
Ashland University's Professional Development Services (PDS) is the number one provider of professional development classes for credit in the state of Ohio serving over 400 school districts in all 88 counties with more affordable graduate credits for use in teaching and/or administration license renewal. Last year alone we taught nearly 4,000 graduate credit classes annually to more than 14,500 teachers who earned over 20,000 graduate credit hours. We offer a wide variety of year-round class options as well as training onsite, online, or at our five convenient locations throughout Ohio.
SEARCH CURRENT COURSE OFFERINGS
Search Face-to-Face Courses
**Important - If you encounter a white screen while trying to register for a class you will need to clear the cookies on your browser. If you need assistance in clearing your cookies please refer to this article that talks about clearing cookies in different browsers. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ashland Leadership Academy Seminars
January 4-5 | February 1-2 | March 1-2
The goal of each ALAS weekend is to provide educational leaders with high-impact presentations delivered by engaging presenters on a variety of contemporary topics. ALAS provides legal updates and analysis in a lively forum for professional networking, renewal, and growth.
The Telego Center and Ennis Britton Co., L.P.A. are proud to present the Ashland Leadership Academy Seminars. Come celebrate the 18th year of this exceptional professional development series with us! We look forward to your participation as we continue to deliver best-in-the-field speakers and informative topics.
Leadership 2019 - Leading with the Heart in Mind
- Sheraton Suites, Cuyahoga Falls - 1989 Front Street, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
- Please call 330.929.3000 to inquire about the deadline for the special group rate ($119) on overnight accommodations.
- $1310 - Seminar with 3 hours of graduate credit, early bird rate (Payment must be received by Friday, November 9h, 2018
- $1410 - Seminar with 3 hours of graduate credit, regular rate
- $810 - Seminar ONLY, no graduate credit
- $25 - Prospective Leader, no graduate credit (ONE Saturday)
- All meals, snacks, and seminar supplies/materials included.
Revised Gifted Operating Standards
The Gifted Operating Standards for the State of Ohio have been revised to recognize the importance of supporting professional development for general education classroom teachers. The requirements for earning a "Teaching the Gifted" Certificate include coursework in the nature and needs as well as in curriculum and instruction of and for gifted students. Completion of both courses can be applied toward a gifted endorsement as well as built into a master's program.
Click HERE for more information and to find the registration links.
**IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GIFTED PROGRAM, PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org
Elyria Professional Development Office
Administrative Assistant: Janet Atkinson, email@example.com
Director: Renee L. Yoder, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashland University's Elyria Center is uniquely positioned in the heart of Lorain County at the Lorain County Community College (LCCC) which is considered one of the top community colleges in the state of Ohio. The Ashland University Office at LCCC offers a wide variety of rooms which are available for your use free of charge for your professional learning courses as an Ashland Adjunct Instructor. A special feature of the Elyria Center is the Teacher Educator Resource Center (TERC) which houses instructional resources for area educators to utilize for their classroom needs. The features of the TERC include a lending library, a technology lab, and a production area for creating learning tools. The Elyria Center is an excellent location for your next professional learning course. To schedule rooms or to talk about utilizing the TERC in your professional learning course, please contact Renee Yoder at email@example.com or by calling 216-525-2515 for more information.