AU is Pleased to Announce Partnership with Modern Teacher
We are pleased to announce an extended partnership between Ashland University and Modern Teacher. To date, Modern Teacher has supported Ashland University with its professional learning efforts across the state of Ohio. Now, through this collaboration, we are expanding nationally to offer course credit to all of Modern Teacher’s partner districts. These districts will now be able to offer their teachers and administration graduate course credit for the professional learning modules completed on ModernTeacher.com.
Modern Teacher works with School Districts that are attempting to move from traditional classrooms to a modern learning environment. They provide a nationally-recognized framework to design, construct and manage toward the promised outcomes of personalized learning. This framework lives in an online platform that connects administrators, principals and teachers with the strategy, know-how and metrics to effectively move a district toward its goals. You can learn more by going to Modern Teacher or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
UPCOMING CONFERENCES FOR CREDIT
- March 30 & 31, 2017 ATLAS at ESC of Cuyahoga County, Independence, OH - Telego Center for Educational Improvement, Founder’s School, Ashland University
- March 30, 31 & April 1, 2017 - OSLHA Convention 2017 at Hyatt Regency Columbus at the Columbus Convention Center – Ohio Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- April 4-6, 2017 - OAASFEP Spring Conference at Columbus Hyatt Regency at the Convention Center
- April 6-9, 2017 - Environmental Education Council of Ohio Conference at Deer Creek State Park Lodge
- April 25-28, 2017 - OASBO Annual Workshop at Hyatt Regency & the Greater Columbus Convention Center
- April 26-28, 2017 - OSPA Spring Conference at Hilton Columbus/Polaris
- June 7-8, 2017 - 2017 Educators Connect for Success Conference in Columbus, Ohio at the Hilton Columbus/Polaris
- June 14-15, 2017 - Learning Forward Ohio Summer Conference The Professional Learning Association
- July 10-12, 2017 - HSTW Annual Conference in Nashville, TN at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
- July 25-27, 2017 - PBL Ohio at the Jeanne B. McCoy Center in New Albany, OH
Ashland University's Professional Development Services (PDS) is the number one provider of professional development classes for credit in the state of Ohio serving over 400 school districts in all 88 counties with more affordable graduate credits for use in teaching and/or administration license renewal. Last year alone we taught nearly 4,000 graduate credit classes annually to more than 14,500 teachers who earned over 20,000 graduate credit hours. We offer a wide variety of year-round class options as well as training onsite, online, or at our five convenient locations throughout Ohio.
SEARCH OUR CURRENT COURSE OFFERINGS
Search Face-to-Face Courses
**Important - If you encounter a white screen while trying to register for a class you will need to clear the cookies on your browser. If you need assistance in clearing your cookies please refer to this article that talks about clearing cookies in different browsers. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Students can use Ashland's student portal, WebAdvisor to view courses they have registered for, view grades, print account statements or grade reports. Once grades have been posted, an official transcript can be ordered. Please click the links below for more information on setting up your WebAdvisor account and requesting transcripts once your grades have been posted.
PLEASE NOTE: transcripts will be sent even if grades have not posted. Please use WebAdvsor to check your grades before ordering transcripts.
NO-COST ECONOMICS TRAINING FOR EDUCATORS
$MARTPATH, developed by the Universe of Cincinnati's Economics Center, is an engaging, interactive and easy way for teachers of grades 1-6 to embed relevant and fun economics and financial education in the classrooms. $martPath provides simple, fun lessons that bring economic and financial education to life in your classroom. You will learn to teach students about personal financial responsibility through grade-appropriate, curriculum-aligned, interactive lessons.
Each educator will receive two $75 Amazon gift cards upon completion of the training requirements and feedback.
The training seminars are offered AT NO COST TO YOU, however, you do have the option to extend your learning through online modules and earn graduate credit through Ashland University. One semester hour of credit will require a tuition payment of $160 and additional, required online assignments. Payment and registration for graduate credit can be made on the day of your training seminar.
For more information, click here.
There are four seminars to choose from. Click on the date you would like to attend to be directed to the registration page.
- Tuesday, June 20 from 9-11 at the Polaris Career Center in Middleburg Heights, Ohio
- Wednesday, June 28 from 9-11 at the Polaris Career Center in Middleburg Heights, Ohio
- Monday, June 12 from 8:30 - 11:30 at the Cuyahoga County ESC in Independence, Ohio
- Wednesday, July 12 from 8:30 - 11:30 at the Cuyahoga County ESC in Independence, Ohio
Southwest Center Professional Development
Our Southwest Center is located just north of beautiful downtown Cincinnati. We are housed at the Scarlet Oaks Career Campus in the Adult Education wing. We proudly serve Adams, Brown, Butler, Clark, Clermont, Clinton, Darke, Fayette, Greene, Hamilton, Highland, Miami, Montgomery, Preble, and Warren counties.
Pat Crahan, director, and Sarah Graham Baloney, administrative assistant, work directly with Professional Development providers and students. The Center provides both face-to-face and online learning. We offer a wide variety of classes to choose from lead by independent adjunct instructors with diverse backgrounds. Please share with anyone needing to renew their license. Check back often, our listings change frequently.
If you are interested in becoming an adjunct in the Southwest area, click here to view our adjunct page, or contact us for more information.
ATLAS -- Ashland Treasurer Leadership Academy Seminars