Accelerated Second Degree BSN Program
Our Accelerated Second Degree BSN program is designed for students who have already earned a bachelor degree in a non-nursing field from an accredited college or university. Accelerated second-degree nursing programs allow students a more expeditious path to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree based on core education requirements already completed toward the first degree. Explore our Post-Baccalaureate BSN program at Ashland University!
What you'll learn in our Accelerated Second Degree BSN Program
Learn, firsthand, the basics of nursing care, nursing skills, the delegation of patient care to appropriate care providers and how to prioritize patient care using realistic patient situations, responses, and outcomes.
Why earn your second degree in Nursing at Ashland?
- Accelerated second degree BSN can be earned in as few as 15 months
- Nursing courses include clinical experience, as well as laboratory and observation instruction
- Earning a BSN degree enhances job search marketability in the nursing profession
- The accelerated nursing program can provide a solid foundation for graduate studies
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, registered nursing jobs will increase by 19% between 2012 and 2022. Accelerated second-degree nursing programs like this can help you take advantage of this employment surge in an exciting field.
- Complete prerequisite coursework from an accredited college or university. Courses must be evaluated for transfer equivalency and final grades submitted before starting this program.
- Developmental Psychology
- Microbiology (with lab)
- Chemistry: 2 courses with labs (general chemistry, organic and biochemistry topics)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I & II (with lab)
- 3.0 GPA or higher in all college coursework
- Science pre-requisite coursework cumulative GPA must be at least a 2.5 and completed within 10 years of the program start date.
Get started today!
If you’ve been looking for an accelerated nursing degree program, this is the right Accelerated Second Degree BSN program to advance your career! Consider Ashland University today — simply fill out the Request Info form above, email email@example.com or apply now!