Online Bachelors of Arts in Communication Studies - Ashland University
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Studies prepares students for a broad range of careers by providing a strong communication foundation involving speaking, listening, writing, organizational, leadership, and conflict negotiation skills as they apply to a variety of institutional and relational contexts. Students have the opportunity to build their portfolio consisting of research projects, accomplishments, and experiences. The program does require a minor or dual major.
Ashland University's Online Communication Studies Program
The Bachelor of Arts in Communication program will teach you the importance and foundational aspects of communication in workplace organizations, human relations, and more. As a communications major, you will challenge your ability to multitask by navigating common communication issues.
Is the online Communications degree program at Ashland University right for me?
This degree is aimed at non-traditional students seeking flexibility and accessibility to complete an unfinished degree, accomplish higher education goals for career advancement, or explore a broad range of new career opportunities. As a working adult, you are probably seeking flexibility. At Ashland University, we strive to provide our adult learners with options. We take into consideration how online learning can advance your career by providing you the opportunity to study at your own pace. Does this sound like the right career path for you? Request information by filling out the form to the right and a representative will get back to you shortly!
In addition to critical thinking, ethical decision-making and our robust curriculum demonstrates:
- Becoming an effective leader in small group communications
- Learning how to build diverse communication campaigns including social, political and marketing
- Analysis of communication in relationships, conflict resolution tactics and various intervention techniques
- Communication tools including research design, implementation and interpretation
- Principles governing effective public relations strategies
- The art and science of developing and delivering organizational training programs
Online Communication Program Course Offerings
- Human Communications
- Foundations of Health Communication
- Family Communication
Career Paths for Graduates with a Degree in Communication
- Higher Education Administration
- Healthcare Industry
- Social Service/Non-Profit
- Human Resources
- Sales/Customer Service
- City/County/Government Agencies
- Corporate Management and Specialist
According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers’ Job Outlook 2016, the top 50% of attributes employers seek on a candidate's resume are directly related to content covered in a Communication Studies degree.
The Best Time to Start Earning Your Degree is Today!