"AU's Criminal Justice program allowed me to grow so much as a student from the first class I was in. The classes made me think hard about the issues discussed in class. It’s made me who I am now."
- J. Bon, OIU Cadet, Class of 2019
GROW, EVOLVE, LEAD | Online Criminal Justice Degree
As a student in Ashland University’s online Criminal Justice degree program, you will learn in an interactive, online learning environment. Our online criminal justice degree program offers ultimate flexibility to meet your schedule without sacrificing family and work time. Ashland University provides both an associate degree and a bachelor's in criminal justice, and both of them are available as online degrees.
Have the opportunity to grow, evolve, and lead with Ashland University's criminal justice courses online!
The Yellow Ribbon Program
Ashland University is proud to participate in the Post-9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program. This yellow ribbon college program is designed to help students lower the cost of their education. It is available for Institutions of Higher Learning in the United States or at a branch of an institution outside the U.S. (1) By partnering with the Department of Veterans Affairs, we have agreed to match funding up to $11,000. Click here to learn more about the Yellow Ribbon Program and Ashland's partnership with the Veteran's Adminsitration.
By enrolling in the online Criminal Justice degree program, you will have access to the following benefits:
- New, lower cost per credit hour ($350 per credit hour; effective January 2019)
- 100 percent online program, so you can access your courses 24/7
- Innovative, seven-week courses based on current criminal justice topics
- Numerous opportunities for hands-on field experience with criminal justice professionals
- Generous transfer policy - your professional training in law enforcement and corrections counts as college credit towards your degree! (Some limitations apply)
What to Expect in our Online Criminal Justice Degree Programs
At Ashland University, you will learn about the policies and practices of various criminal justice components. You will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge regarding topics such as crime analysis, policy and planning, legal studies, advanced criminology and behavioral analysis, juvenile delinquency and much, much more while working towards your criminal justice degree.
Criminal Justice Curriculum
Ashland University’s criminal justice courses online are designed by experts in the fields of criminal behavior, forensic science, law, sociology and more. We also confer with law enforcement leaders to learn and discover areas that need more focus in the criminal justice system to ensure you’ll learn the most relevant coursework to help you succeed in a career in criminal justice.
Sample courses include:
- Ethics in Criminal Justice
- Restorative Justice
- Gangs & Cults
- Emergency Management
- Criminal Justice Policy
Whether you are pursing an associate's or bachelor's in criminal justice, earning your college degree through our online criminal justice programs will provide you with the opportunities for better pay, promotions, and a wide variety of career paths. Together, we can build a better future.
Earn your online criminal justice degree with courses designed by experts in the field. Learn more about Ashland's criminal justice course offerings!
Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice
Students pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice may decide between three different tracks:
- Generalized. Discover the immense nature of criminal justice and how to detect cultural phenomenon, behavioral causes and other aspects of crime in the American criminal justice system.
- Law enforcement administration. Learn the ins-and-outs of law enforcement leadership, criminal law, and what it takes to manage a law enforcement agency.
- Correctional administration. Explore the world of criminal justice and corrections corrections and how to manage correctional facilities.
- Research and Analysis. If you plan on going beyond a bachelor's degree in criminal justice and on to graduate school or law school, this option prepares you to do academic and legal research.
No matter the track you choose, you will have countless opportunities and be exposed to important concepts in the areas of law enforcement, corrections and the American court system from instructors with real-world experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice completion in 120 credit hours
Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice
Our online associate's in criminal justice program is ranked in the top 10 online programs by OnlineSchoolCenter.com.
- Associate's Degree in criminal justice completion in 60-63 credit hours
Ashland University Grads
Ashland University grads of the online criminal justice degree program have gone on to work in a variety of fields. Former students are working with the Federal Government, Ohio Highway Patrol, Ohio Department of Corrections, County Sheriff's Offices, Local Police Departments, County Probation Departments, the Criminal Court system, and Probation and Parole Departments.
With an online Criminal Justice Degree from Ashland University, your career opportunities are many.
Meet Dr. Mark Rubin, Director of the Online Criminal Justice Degree Program
Dr. Mark Rubin joined Ashland University's faculty in 2017 as Director of the Online Criminal Justice program as well as a professional instructor in the program. With nearly 30 years of law enforcement experiencce, Dr. Rubin specializes in policing, homeland security, criminology, cybercrime, and human trafficking. Like you, he pursued his degree as a non-traditional student so he is keenly aware of the challenges that going back to school entails, and is always available to help you as you move through the program.
For more information about the program, email Dr. Rubin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our online criminal justice degree programs are designed to help you reach your goals in the world of criminal justice and corrections. Use the form above to request information and learn more!
(1) www. benefits. va.gov/GIBILL/docs/factsheets/Yellow%20Ribbon%20Program.pdf