Is the Doctorate of Nursing Practice program right for you?
Are you interested in advancing your nursing career and taking on an even greater leadership role in healthcare? The current complexity of the healthcare environment in the United States requires clinical professionals to have the highest level of clinical and research expertise possible to support quality patient outcomes. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a nearly 35 percent employment increase for advanced degree nurses, such as nurse practitioners, through 2022, with a median salary range of $100,000 annually. Ashland University’s Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) online program prepares you for the highest level of practice and broadest scope of responsibility in the field of nursing. This practice-focused Doctorate in Nursing degree emphasizes evidence-based practice, leadership, cultural competence, organizational analysis and policy. Ashland’s program provides graduates with the skill sets and competencies to function in clinical and executive leadership roles. Hospitals and healthcare organizations nationwide need experienced nursing professionals with the scientific, clinical and leadership skills necessary to guide the healthcare industry forward.
What You’ll Learn in Our Online Doctor of Nursing Program
Under the umbrella of the Doctorate of Nursing Practice degree program, candidates choose to pursue either a BSN to DNP program – Family Nurse Practitioner program or an MS/MSN to DNP program. Both paths are online, incorporating residency activities throughout the program.
- BSN to DNP Program – Family Nurse Practitioner: Our online BSN to DNP nursing programs are designed for nurses who have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and an active RN licensure. This program consists of 77 credits and four years of full-time study (3-8 credits per semester) over 12 semesters. Students achieve a Doctorate of Nursing Practice with a Family Nurse Practitioner specialization. View the curriculum guide for BSN to DNP.
- MS/MSN to DNP Program: The MSN to DNP program is designed for Advanced Practice Nurses with an active Certificate of Authority in a practice field.
This program consists of 32-38 credit hours and two years of full-time study (3-6 credits per semester) over a period of six semesters. Students achieve a Doctorate of Nursing Practice. View the curriculum guide for MS/MSN to DNP.
Why earn your Doctorate of Nursing Practice at Ashland?
- Flexible, online classes
- Earn a Family Nurse Practitioner specialization with only a BSN and an RN licensure
- Two degree path options – BSN to DNP program – Family Nurse Practitioner specialization and MS/MSN to DNP program
Online Nursing Program Course OfferingAshland University’s online nursing programs offers a variety of exciting courses, including:
Career Paths for Graduates with a Doctorate of Nursing Practice DegreeHere are some career paths you can puruse:
Career Paths for Graduates with a Doctorate of Nursing Practice Degree
Here are some career paths you can puruse:
- Managing Nurses and Staff in Hospitals
- Development of Policies and Procedures
- Conducting Research in Research Facilities
- Educating Patients
- Owning an Independent Practice
Advanced Nursing Career Opportunities
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, registered nursing jobs will increase by 19% between 2012 and 2022. Online RN nursing programs like this can help you take advantage of this employment surge in an exciting field.
The Best Time to Start Earning Your Degree is Today!
If you’ve been researching online DNP nursing programs or online nurse practitioner programs, this is the right degree program to advance your career in nursing through our online nursing program. Consider Ashland University today — simply fill out the Request Info form above, email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply now!