Online Masters in Education Programs
There are many master's in education online programs at Ashland University. The education technology program prepares students to design, develop, and evaluate learning technology in formal and informal educational settings. The educational leadership/principalship degree is designed for aspiring principals and leaders. Ashland offers online and hybrid learning formats - which offer great flexibility for working adults looking to learn on a non-traditional schedule. See if Ashland University is right for you! Simply request information today to see if one of our online or hybrid learning programs suits your needs.
Which Online Master's in Education program is right for you?
Designed for busy teachers looking to take the next step in their careers, our Master’s in Education degree programs allow you to expand upon your Ohio teaching license with additional endorsements and certifications that enhance your skills, and demonstrate your value as an educator.
What you'll learn in our online programs at Ashland University
Pursuing a master’s degree in education at Ashland, you will explore core subjects related to lifelong learning, health and wellness, economic and workforce issues, career development, and cultural concepts. If pursuing your M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction, you will also have the option to choose one of six different concentrations that match your interests in terms of education jobs. No matter which program or concentration area you choose, the core courses in our M.Ed. Programs will help you build a solid understanding of educational technology, talent development, literacy and reading, teaching, and learning in the 21st century—all essential to contemporary education careers.
Why earn your Master's degree in Education at Ashland?
- Specialized coursework designed to help you learn the skills schools seek
- Experienced instructors focused on helping you grow as an educator
- Coursework designed to fit your lifestyle and schedule
- Flexibility to develop your own program through nine hours of electives offered through the Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century curriculum
Specialize in an area that interests you
As one of the largest programs in the state, our series of M.Ed. degree programs includes several options. As a student, you can pursue your M.Ed. in Education Administration, or choose from M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction concentrations in:
- Master’s Degree in Adult Education (Online or Hybrid)- Our program featuring an 18 hour graduate core that meets the national standards for Graduate Programs in Adult Education.
- Masters in Educational Leadership (Online or Hybrid) + Administrative Licensure -All program, capstone and licensure modules are offered each semester in a fast track A/B format (7 weeks), allowing for more flexibility in scheduling the required classes.
- Masters in Educational Technology (Online): An online degree program that can help you earn your Technology Director Endorsement and guide teachers in taking advantage of technology in their classrooms.
- Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century: A 30-hour concentration where you can choose your electives to create a program that matches your interests.
- Literacy and Reading Instruction: Comprised of advanced coursework in literacy, reading and intervention. Plus, a self-selected capstone experience.
- Intervention Specialist (Mild-to-Moderate Needs): Focuses on teaching you the most effective strategies and methods for working with students at the K-12 levels who have disabilities.
- Talent Development: A degree program with an embedded Gifted Intervention Specialist Endorsement. Coursework teaches you to understand needs, current issues and effective teaching methods relating to talented or gifted students.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there is a nationwide demand for teachers and administrators in all fields. With an M.Ed. degree from Ashland University, you will be well-prepared for a variety of leadership and high-level administrative roles.