“I chose to return to school as an adult learner to pursue my RN to BSN degree at Ashland. It had been many years since I received my associate’s degree in nursing and I was really nervous about going back to school, especially online. I was amazed at the support of the staff and professors, who really understood the needs of a non-traditional student. The online classes were much more convenient, and easier to navigate than I would have thought. It was still a challenge, but with the flexibility of the online program, I was able to continue working full time and keep up with my family's activities. I would highly recommend this program to anyone considering returning to school.” – Melissa Compton
RN to BSN Online Program
Take the lead in your nursing career with an online Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree through Ashland University’s online RN to BSN program. This online BSN degree program prepares students for a leadership role in a nursing setting as well as provides a solid foundation for graduate studies.
RN to BSN Online
With the number of online BSN completion programs, it may be tough to choose the right school. At Ashland University, rest assured we’ve taken the time to put together a flexible schedule that meets the needs of busy students. Students are prepared to pursue manager or leadership responsibilities in a nursing role through content to support the profession’s theoretical knowledge base, research for evidence-based practice, and focus on international perspectives in healthcare. Curriculum also emphasizes the role of nurses in legal, ethical, and political settings.
You receive 27 credit hours for previous nursing knowledge acquired in your prelicensure program. Unlimited credits may transfer to AU. Residency requirements to complete 120 credit hours for the Bachelor's degree from AU include:
- 30 semester hours of credit at AU
- Last 12 semester hours earned before graduation at AU
What Classes Will I Take While Studying in the RN to BSN Online Program?
Required Nursing Courses (27 credit hours)
- International/Transcultural Perspectives in Healthcare
- Theoretical Bases
- Introduction to Informatics in Healthcare
- Individual Assessment
- Genetics and Healthcare
- Research & Evidence-Based Practice
- Community & Public Health
- Health Care Systems
- Legal, Ethical & Political Perspectives
Required Non-Nursing Courses:
Philosophy and Statistics may be transferred in if completed. Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology (if taken), and Psychology courses are transferred in from your prelicensure program.
- Philosophy Elective
- Anatomy & Physiology I* and II*
- General or Developmental Psychology*
Remaining Required University Core Liberal Arts Courses (listed in AU catalog)
- All core requirements may be transferred
- All core requirements waived for students with bachelor’s degree in another field
Why earn your nursing programs online at Ashland?
- Convenience of quality online courses with strong support from nursing faculty.
- Flexible progression with part-time and full-time options. Progress at your pace - speed up or slow down as needed.
- Nursing faculty, with experience in BSN completion, who serve as academic advisors.
- Professors with both academic credentials and real-world experience in the field. Our faculty members are first and foremost outstanding teachers who enjoy mentoring students. We look forward to working with you!
Get started in our RN to BSN online program today!
If you’re looking to earn the credentials you need to advance your career in nursing through a BSN completion program, consider choosing Ashland University — simply fill out the Request Info form above, email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply now!
Students entering the program must hold a current, valid license to practice as a registered nurse in one U.S. state or territory, or be currently enrolled in a RN licensure program, or be a graduate of a RN program and eligible for the NCLEX. Students who have a license that is inactive or subject to restrictions may be considered for admissions after appropriate review.