In addition to receiving the immunizations listed above, students enrolled in the Traditional BSN Nursing Program or Accelerated Nursing Program are required to complete and upload certain medical forms into TYPHON. TYPHON is software used by collegiate health education programs across the country to track clinical, residency and fieldwork rotations and related evaluations. The College of Nursing and Health Sciences will provide more information prior to student enrollment.
Incoming, International and Domestic Transfer Students
Prior to starting classes, all incoming, international and domestic transfer students are required to register with Med+Proctor to submit medical forms and immunization records. Med+Proctor is a medical clearance platform that Ashland University uses to verify student medical records.
Med+Proctor is a free service with no hidden charges. However, after completing registration students will be provided the option to purchase a Med+Proctor membership, which provides lifetime access to their immunization records.
Registering for Med+Proctor
- Visit the Med+Proctor website and click “Register.”
- Enter your Ashland University email address and follow the instructions provided to register your account.
- When prompted, fill out any required personal, medical or insurance information.
- After creating your account, you will be directed to download the required medical forms.
- Download and complete the forms, following the instructions provided. Make sure each form is complete and legible.
- Log back into your Med+Proctor account. Upload all required forms to start the review process.
- The review process takes approximately 3-5 business days. Check your AU email often; you will receive email confirmation once the review process is complete.
Getting Help with Med+Proctor
If you have difficulty using Med+Proctor, contact the Med+Proctor support team between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday via their LiveChat portal. This feature is available on the Med+Proctor site. You may also email the support team at email@example.com.
Medical and Immunization Requirements
The following vaccines are required for all Ashland University students:
- Tdap (one adult dose in the last 10 years)
- Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) (two doses). Alternative options include:
- Two doses of measles, two doses of mumps and one dose of rubella
- Lab report confirming immunity to measles, mumps and rubella
- Varicella (two doses). Alternative options include:
- Lab report confirming immunity to varicella
- Meningococcal meningitis (ACWY) (one dose at age 16 or older)
The following vaccines are highly recommended for Ashland University students:
- COVID-19 and booster
- Hepatitis B (three doses)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) (three doses)