Nutritional Awareness and Allergy Information
We strive to provide students with the information they need to make healthy eating choices. Several nutrition services are available:
- View our Menu Nutritional Information online.
- Nutrition Fact Sheets are located in the dining area to provide information on topics of popular interest.
- A Registered Dietitian is available to speak to students on an individual or group basis to help with special diets or eating healthy while living on campus.
To schedule an appointment with our dietitian, please leave a message with your name and number at 419-289-5768 or leave your message in the comment box located in the Dining Area.
Special Diets and Food Allergies
Dining Services works Student Health Services and a Registered Dietitian to provide for specific clinical dietary needs. We make every attempt to identify ingredients that may cause allergic reactions and to instruct our food production and service staff on the severity of food allergies. In addition, we label items with possible allergen-containing ingredients; however, there is always a risk of contamination. There is also the possibility that manufacturers of the commercial foods we use could change formulation at any time, without notice.
Customers concerned with food allergies need to be aware of the risk. Students with food allergies are encouraged to contact Dining Services for additional information and support.
- Nut Allergies:
- Every effort is made to label items containing nuts. The risk of cross-contamination is always an issue at the self-serve stations. Please ask your server for fresh product if there is a concern.
- Lactose Intolerance
- Chocolate and vanilla soy and rice milk are located at the cereal/condiment bar. Rice milk is available upon request.
- Soy cheese is available at Eggs’actly, Pizza and Deli. Please request to have your product made to order.
Food Guide Pyramid
Developed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the MyPlate guide illustrates healthy eating behaviors. By using ChooseMyPlate.gov, you will be able to create a customized food guide based on your age, sex, weight, height and activity level.