Are you an enthusiastic writer thinking about turning your passion into a career? Develop your voice in Ashland University’s Creating Writing program. A degree in Creative Writing is an asset to nearly any career you pursue because it helps you develop critical thinking and clear expression.
When you study Creative Writing at Ashland University, you'll learn from experienced authors and will create works of your own. By the time you graduate, you'll have a fully developed manuscript. In your senior capstone course, you will work toward creating a polished series of stories, essays or poems.
- Receive personalized attention from professors who are published authors themselves.
- Learn about the publishing process from those who have experienced it firsthand.
- Receive invaluable feedback on your personal work.
- Meet with published authors who visit the Languages and Literatures Department as guest speakers.
- Gain rewarding, real-world experience through internships with Ashland Poetry Press or the Ashland Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing program.
- Join the editorial team of the Black Fork Review, a literary journal run by students and featuring student writing.
Creative Writing Info Session
Learn more about the Creative Writing program by viewing the Program Profile/Four-Year Curriculum Guide, the Academic Catalog, or the Course Rotation.
Hilary Donatini, Ph.D.
Chair, Languages and Literatures Department
306 Bixler Hall
Angela Miller, Administrative Assistant
203 Bixler Hall
For questions about first-year composition, please contact Maura Grady, Ph.D. by email at firstname.lastname@example.org