Cybersecurity Program Overview
As technology grows and changes, so do those who use it to attack others, making cybersecurity a must. When you study Cybersecurity at Ashland University, you gain the expertise to protect against malicious cyber-attacks on individuals, companies and governments. You develop quick thinking and problem-solving skills, a wide knowledge of computer systems, effective analytical abilities and a deep understanding of the laws and regulations of information security.
Time to Complete
When you major in Cybersecurity, you will work with dedicated faculty and leading-edge technology to master your skills. At AU, you will:
- Receive personal attention from each of your professors, who will guide you with their knowledge of and experience with technology of all kinds
- Access state-of-the-art computers in the classroom and computer labs
- Work in Jones and Bartlett virtual labs, where you can practice your security skills in a safe, secure environment
- Participate in national and international cybersecurity competitions to further build your skills among peers.
Internships and Career Opportunities
Internship opportunities at local and regional companies allow you to gain real-world experience, college credit and a steady paycheck.
Recent cybersecurity majors had opportunities at:
- Ashland University Information Technology
- Bath Township Police Department
- J.M. Smucker Co.
- Lippert Enterprises
- An NSF-sponsored REU in Hardware and Embedded Systems Security and Trust