As technology grows and changes, so do those who use it to attack others, making cybersecurity a must. When you study Cybersecurity at Ashland University, you gain the expertise to protect against malicious cyber-attacks on individuals, companies and governments. You develop quick thinking and problem-solving skills, wide knowledge of computer systems, effective analytical abilities and a deep understanding of the laws and regulations of information security.
When you major in Cybersecurity, you will work with dedicated faculty and leading-edge technology to master your skills. At AU, you will:
- Receive personal attention from each of your professors, who will guide you with their knowledge of and experience with technology of all kinds
- Access state-of-the-art computers in the classroom and computer labs
- Work in Jones and Bartlett virtual labs, where you can practice your security skills in a safe, secure environment
- Participate in national and international cybersecurity competitions to further build your skills among peers.
Internships and Career Opportunities
Internship opportunities at local and regional companies allow you to gain real-world experience, college credit and a steady paycheck.
Recent Mathematics and Computer Science students had internships at Ashland University, Encova Insurance, Etactics, Inc., FirstEnergy, J.M. Smucker Co. and Wentworth Solutions.
Employers of Recent Graduates
- Joshua Marchand, ‘22 - Analyst in the information security operations department at the J.M. Smucker Company
- Kyle Hall, ‘21 - Network administrator at ArcelorMittal USA