At Ashland University, our economics majors stand apart from the crowd because they truly understand and work within economic realities and markets every day. As an economics major, you’ll learn micro, macro and international economics. You’ll predict consumer, company and country behavior with sophisticated techniques. You’ll also do original research in real-time on real-world events, both independently and alongside your professors. So you’ll get the foundational skills you need to pursue a career in public administration, government finance, market analysis or corporate planning.
How to Know If This Major Is Right for You
This program is ideal for anyone who:
- Takes satisfaction from problem solving
- Likes predicting future trends
- Has good communication skills
- Enjoys the processes of analyzing and evaluating
You can look forward to:
- The ability to mesh your interests across the business, political and legal spectrums
- Small classes in which you get individual attention from your professors
- Experienced faculty dedicated to your success
- Opportunities to do original research on real-world events and topics
- Training in how to use analytics to reach data-driven decisions and conclusions
The courses provided in this program evolve as the global environment evolves to ensure that you gain an understanding of current trends, technology and economic theory. View the Academic Catalog for complete degree requirements.
Student Organizations and Internships
- Omicron Delta Epsilon - National Honor Society for Economics
This recognition of scholastic achievement in economics includes a subscription to the American Economist journal and scholarship, conference and publication opportunities.
- American Economic Association
- Ohio Society of Economists and Political Scientists
Graduate Outcomes and Career Opportunities
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, from 2020 to 2030 the number of jobs for economists will grow by 13 percent, which is faster than average job growth. However, entry level economist positions typically require a master’s degree.
|Financial Analyst||International Analyst||Sales Consultant||
Average Starting Salary
Average Mid-Career Salary
|Auditor||Business Forecaster||Purchasing Manager|