Counseling Services for Ashland University Students
It’s okay to ask for help.
If you need advice, guidance, psychological aid or just a shoulder to lean on, we invite and encourage you to make an appointment with Ashland University Psychological Counseling Services. We provide personal counseling to traditional, full-time students at no additional cost to you. Our counseling services are designed to help you achieve your goals, both on and off campus. We also offer social, academic and career counseling and can assist you in other ways—but it’s all meant to help you become your best self. We offer services such as:
Addressing Personal Mental Health Concerns
- Building self-confidence
- Coping with anxiety and stress
- Dealing with obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors
- Managing depression
- Exploring self-concept and identity
- Adjusting to academic stress
- Grief counseling
Need someone to talk to?
Sign up with our 24/7 TalkCampus App. This links you to a global network of trained, college student "buddies" to anonymously (if you like) share how you're doing, get help, and-or provide encouragement to others.
- Balancing test anxiety with relaxation
- Speed reading
- Improving memory skills
- Improving study skills
Developing Healthy Habits
- Addressing impulsive habits and behaviors
- Learning alcohol and drug awareness
- Maintaining healthy sleep patterns
- Managing stress
- Managing time
Establishing Healthy Interpersonal Relationships
- Developing communication skills
- Human sexuality counseling
- Building relationships
- Addressing conflicts with roommates
- Managing social anxiety
Planning for the Future
- Career testing
- Life coaching
- Learning decision-making strategies
- Marital and premarital decision-making
- Preparing for professional school
- Preparing for the MCAT, GRE, PRAXIS, LSAT and other tests
- Workshops and skill enhancement programs
- Emotional Wellness Resources
The focus of our counseling services is on individual student development. If we can assist you with any personal, private or professional concerns, please contact our office at 419-289-5307. If you are interested in meeting with a counselor, please email Oscar McKnight at email@example.com. Your concerns will be kept completely confidential within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 and the Licensure Board of the State of Ohio.
In the event of an emergency, please contact one of the following:
- Ashland University Safety Services: 419-207-5555
- If calling from a campus phone, dial extension 5555.
- University Hospitals Samaritan Medical Center: 419-289-0491
- Emergency Services: 911
Additional resources and support systems are available here.
If you are a faculty or staff member with concerns about a student’s mental health, please contact Oscar McKnight at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-289-5065 or contact the Counseling Services office at 419-289-5307. More information is available here.