Southwest General RN-BSN
Welcome, Southwest General nurses! We are honored to partner with you as you advance your education.
Admission to the RN-BSN program is ongoing and we provide six different start dates each year: two in the fall, two in the spring and two in the summer.
There are three categories of courses required to complete this degree.
Ready to complete your BSN at Ashland University?
Review Southwest General’s tuition assistance policy to determine your eligibility.
For questions about employee tuition reimbursement and billing, please contact:
Stephanie Evers, SHRM-CP, PHR
Manager, Learning & Development
Southwest General Health Center
- Complete the online application for admission.
- Select “RN-BSN Online Program”
- Select “Southwest General Cohort”
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges you’ve attended, whether it was in nursing or another field.
- Send them electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or mail them to:
Office of Records and Registration
401 College Ave.
Ashland, OH 44805
- Schedule a phone appointment with an Admissions representative by emailing email@example.com or calling 419-289-5738.
- Admissions will send you a Preliminary Transcript Evaluation for your review.
- Confirm your intent to enroll and your preferred start date with Admissions.
- Admissions will connect you to your academic advisor.
- Schedule a phone appointment with your advisor to review your personalized program plan and register for classes.
- Courses will be hosted on Blackboard and you will be able to access them approximately a week before the courses start. If you have questions about using Blackboard, review this list of Q&As.
Jackie Owens, Ph.D., RN, CNE
RN-BSN Program Director, Associate Professor
Jody Hostetler, DNP, M.Ed., BSN, ADN, PN
Graduate and Online Admissions
Graduate and Online Advising