Congratulations! We are very excited that you have chosen to join the Ashland University family! We have a great orientation program planned for you this year as you begin your academic adventure here at Ashland University.
New Student Orientation is a key component to assisting you with your transition to university life! This program is designed to acquaint you with campus services, staff that can assist you with taking care of business such as finalizing loans and peer mentors to answer your questions.
At Ashland University, Orientation is a mandatory two-part process which includes attending a Summer Orientation Program in June (PART I) as well as participating in Orientation Weekend in August (PART II).
Part I: Summer Orientation Program in June (*COMPLETED*)
Select one of the five Summer Orientation Days to attend. Students and parents are invited to drive into town for a half-day program that will help prepare you for fall semester. You will have the opportunity to take care of business, as well as speak with faculty, staff and upper-class students to get your questions answered. At check-in, a copy of your Fall Class Schedule will be provided if all of your online enrollment forms (pre-registration, financial aid, housing) are completed.To register for a Summer Orientation date, complete Part II of your undergraduate application after paying your deposit. Seating is limited for each date and is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
2021 Summer Orientation Dates: (*COMPLETED*)
Friday, June 4
Wednesday, June 9
Tuesday, June 15
Monday, June 21
Thursday, June 24
*Students who were unable to attend a June Summer Orientation will receive an Orientation packet via email once they complete their Part II Undergraduate Application via the enrollment process.
Part II: Orientation Weekend in August
During Orientation Weekend, Ashland University will become your home away from home. With activities and programs planned throughout the weekend, you will create friendships with your peers and become better acclimated with the campus. Orientation Weekend will begin with move-in on Thursday, August 26 (even numbered residence hall floors 9am-2pm) and Friday, August 27 (odd numbered residence hall floors 9am-2pm) and classes will begin on Monday, August 30th.
During O-Weekend, you will have the opportunity to:
- Residential Students: Move into your residence hall and get settled (Thursday, August 26 or Friday, August 27 as assigned by Residence Life)
- Commuter Students: Join us on Saturday and Sunday! Commuter Check-In is on Saturday morning before the President's Convocation
- Purchase textbooks or pick up reserved textbooks
- Attend the President's Convocation
- Meet your O-Teamer and peers during J.A.M. (Just Ask Me) Team Meetings
- Attend Residence Life, Campus Activities Board and Commuter Services activities
- Enjoy a personalized campus tour and find your classroom locations with your O-Teamer
- Attend your academic meeting and meet faculty in your major
- Attend an Involvement Fair to join student-led organizations and clubs!
Please note, a fee of $100 will be charged to your student account for your orientation programs - see “Fees and Charges Explained” online. This fee covers meals and materials, mailings, and administrative fees during your Summer Orientation (Part I) and Orientation Weekend (Part II).