Congratulations! We are very excited that you have chosen to join the Ashland University family! We have a great orientation program planned for you this year as you begin your academic adventure here at Ashland University.
New Student Orientation is a key component to assisting you with your transition to university life! This program is designed to acquaint you with campus services, staff that can assist you with taking care of business such as finalizing loans and peer mentors to answer your questions.
At Ashland University, Orientation is a mandatory three-part process which includes complete an Online Orientation Module, attending a Summer Orientation Program as well as participating in Orientation Weekend right before classes begin.
Part I: Online Orientation
Once incoming students have paid their deposit, they will be promoted to complete an Online Orientation Course via Blackboard starting May 1st. This Online Orientation will introduce and walk students and parent through various aspect to the enrollment process which will include how your fall class schedule was created, step to complete processes for Finanial Aid, how to navigate AU's online systems such as AU Gmail, WebAdviser, and AU Portal, as well as highlight student services such as Residence Life and Commuter Services. We encourage students and parents to jot down any questions that they have and we will be happy to answer them during your Summer Orientation.
Part II: Summer Orientation Program
Select one of the five Summer Orientation Days to attend. Students and parents are invited to drive into town for a half-day program that will help prepare you for fall semester. You will have the opportunity to take care of business, as well as speak with faculty, staff and upper-class students to get your questions answered. At check-in, a copy of your Fall Class Schedule will be provided if all of your online enrollment forms (pre-registration, financial aid, housing) are completed.
To register for a Summer Orientation date, complete Part II of your undergraduate application after paying your deposit. Seating is limited for each date and is on a first-come, first-serve bases.
2020 Summer Orientation Dates:
Thursday, June 4
Tuesday, June 9
Friday, June 12
Wednesday, June 17
Tuesday, June 23
Part III: 2020 Orientation Weekend
During Orientation Weekend, Ashland University will become your home away from home. With activities and programs planned throughout the weekend, you will create friendships with your peers and become better acclimated with the campus. Orientation Weekend will begin with move-in on Friday, August 28 and classes will begin on Monday, August 31.
During O-Weekend, you will have the opportunity to:
- Residential Students: Move into your residence hall and get settled (Friday, August 28)
- Commuter Students: Join us on Saturday and Sunday! Commuter Check-In is on Saturday morning before the President's Welcome
- Purchase textbooks or pick up reserved textbooks
- Attend the Welcome Dinner with your parents
- Attend the President's Welcome
- Meet your O-Teamer and peers during J.A.M. (Just Ask Me) Team Meetings
- Attend Residence Life, Campus Activities Board and Commuter Services activities
- Attend Five Stones Community Church Service
- Participate in a community service project with your peers
- Enjoy a personalized campus tour and find your classroom locations with your O-Teamer
- Attend your academic meeting and meet faculty in your major
- Attend Involvement Fair to get plugged into campus life!