Taking care of you
- Recognize the importance of self-care: Nourish, Move, Rest
- Keep a thought log or journal to track accomplishments and challenges, and express thoughts and emotions about milestones and events
- Manage stress through hobbies, self-care, prioritizing, and increasing awareness of personal needs
- Establish Faculty/Staff/Student opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Visit Counseling Services in the Student Center for a wide variety of personal and professional needs
We’ve got what it takes to help you stay healthy and fit!
- Take advantage of membership to the AU Rec Center
- Participate in the Homecoming 5K
- Make the Student Health Center the first stop for care when feeling ill, to learn about and receive vaccinations, and for assistance managing some chronic diseases (such as asthma or diabetes)
- Go walking to a park in the City of Ashland, or to one of many County Parks or go GeoCaching
- Start eating local fresh fruits and vegetables from Local Roots or check out the seasonal Farmers' Markets at Christ United Methodist Church (Sat) and downtown (Wed)
Looking for something to do?
- Attend campus events hosted by a student organization, campus departments, Greek Life, the Campus Activities Board, Athletics, Theater Productions, etc.
- Join one of the 100+ clubs/organizations that speaks to your interests such as performing arts, recreation, your major, etc.
- Participate in intramural or club sports at the Rec Center
- Hang out with friends on or off campus: schedule time for a meal, watch a movie or other relationship building activities.
- Volunteer with a local non-profit or participate in an AU G.I.V.S. service project
Make Ashland your home away from home and contribute positively to the environment
- Promote recycling with new trash/recycling cans. Approximately 42% of our landfilled trash is recycled
- Utilize Bottle Fill Stations installed in 11 buildings throughout the main campus and College of Nursing
- Visit the Ashland University Campus Sustainability Facebook Page. Consider joining the Campus Sustainability Initiative
- Purchase a eco-friendly reusable to-go container
Bring value to your work
- Take certification classes offered to campus & the community at large (FA/CPR/AED & lifeguarding)
- Contact your adviser and plan a field experience/internship
- Contact Student Life regarding volunteer opportunities
- Visit Career Services during their walk-in hours or by appointment for resume/cover letter assistance and/or website or portal page for job search and career exploration resources
- Attend a campus or community career fair
Make meaning out of Life
- Check out a worship service offered by the Office of Christian Ministry, or visit a worship service in the community - for a variety of faiths
- Schedule a one-on-one meeting with a campus pastor or life calling coach
- Spend time in quiet contemplation. Try a yoga class or visit the chapel as a quiet space on campus
- Participate in a spiritual retreat, mission/service trip or outdoor adventure trip
- Attend Nursing Christian Fellowship on the CON Campus
Knowledge is Power