Wellness Opportunities and Resources
At Ashland University, we strive to foster all dimensions of wellness because we know that your well-being depends upon more than just physical wellness.
Student Wellness Opportunities by Dimension
Take the time to take care of yourself.
- Recognize the importance of self-care: Nourish, Move, Rest.
- Keep a thought log or journal to track accomplishments and challenges and express thoughts and emotions about milestones and events.
- Manage stress through hobbies, self-care, prioritizing and increasing awareness of personal needs.
- Establish opportunities for personal and growth.
- Visit Counseling Services in the Student Center for a wide variety of personal and professional needs.
We’ve got what it takes to help you stay healthy and fit!
- Take advantage of membership to the AU Rec Center.
- Participate in the Homecoming 5K.
- Make the Student Health Center the first stop for care when feeling ill, to learn about and receive vaccinations and for assistance managing chronic diseases such as asthma or diabetes.
- Go walking to a park in the city of Ashland, one of many county parks or go GeoCaching.
Start eating local fresh fruits and vegetables from Local Roots or check out the seasonal Farmers Markets at Christ United Methodist Church (Sat) and downtown (Wed).
Looking for ways to connect with others?
- Attend campus events hosted by a student organization, campus departments, Greek Life, the Campus Activities Board, Athletics or theater productions.
- Join one of the many clubs/organizations that speak to your interests, such as performing arts, recreation or your major area of study.
- Participate in intramural sports or a sport club at the Rec Center.
- Hang out with friends on or off campus: schedule time for a meal, a movie, a game of table tennis or other relationship-building activities.
- Volunteer with a local nonprofit or participate in an AU G.I.V.S. service project.
Contribute positively to the environment.
- Promote recycling with trash/recycling cans. Approximately 42% of our landfilled trash is recycled.
- Use Bottle Fill Stations in 11 buildings on main campus and College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- Visit the Ashland University Campus Sustainability Meta Page. Consider joining the Campus Sustainability Initiative.
- Purchase an eco-friendly reusable to-go container.
Bring value to your work.
- Take certification classes (FA/CPR/AED & lifeguarding).
- Contact your advisor and plan a field experience/internship.
- Contact Student Life regarding volunteer opportunities.
- Visit the Career Center for Life Calling online or in person for help with resume/cover letters, job searches and career exploration resources.
- Attend a campus or community career fair.
Find more meaning in life.
- Check out a worship service offered by the Office of Christian Ministry or visit a worship service in the community.
- Schedule a one-on-one meeting with a campus pastor or life calling coach.
- Spend time in quiet contemplation. Try a yoga class or visit the chapel as a quiet space on campus.
- Participate in a spiritual retreat, mission/service trip or outdoor adventure trip.
- Attend Nursing Christian Fellowship on the College of Nursing and Health Sciences Campus.
- AU Prayer Request Form
- Join one of the many student organizations and/or become a tutor.
- Visit the Writing Center for confirmation or assistance with your papers/projects.
- The library has numerous resources/services available for additional support.
- The Center for Academic Support and the Office of Christian Ministry offer study areas and personal/academic guidance.
- Explore the many study abroad opportunities.
- Interact with international students and learn about their cultures.