The Ashland University Testing Center provides examinations and resources to students, faculty, staff and the community to support their academic goals and professional advancement.
The Testing Center:
- Facilitates placement testing, make-up examinations and other testing services as requested by faculty, students and the community.
- Supports student success by connecting students to resources that help optimize test preparation.
- Makes national, professional and certification exams available to the campus and the community as a Pearson Vue Testing Center.
- Provides a knowledgeable, courteous and professional testing environment and staff.
Types of Tests
ACT on Campus
- $70 non-transferable/non-refundable fee
- Your first attempt is free of charge. Additional attempts cost $25, which can be paid at the testing center.
- Students in 100% online degree programs can complete the Accuplacer assessment remotely. Please inquire for more information. There is an online proctoring fee of $25 for this service.
- At the request of faculty, students who miss an exam may take a make-up test in the testing center. Please complete this Google Form to schedule a makeup exam.
- Candidates can register to take many exams in person at the testing center. Register on the PearsonVUE website.
- Candidates can purchase their exam vouchers on the Certiport website.
- Proctoring can be scheduled by calling or emailing the testing center. 419-207-4998 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A $35 proctoring fee will be paid directly to Ashland University on your exam day. The fee is waived for current Ashland University students.
CLEP Testing - coming soon (March 2023)
- Dantes Funding available
- CLEP Equivalencies
Testing Center Director
930 Claremont Ave., Ashland, Ohio 44805
We are located in the building next to Burger King, on the lower level. Accessible PearsonVUE testing is available upstairs in the Student Accessibility Center with prior arrangements.
Makeup testing is available by appointment.
Wednesdays, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursdays, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Also open until 7 p.m. on a Wednesday or Thursday evening once a month. This availability will be listed when you register through PearsonVUE or you can contact the testing center.