AU Eagle Card
- Ashland University Eagle Card or suitable photo ID must be presented to borrow library materials.
- Users must be registered for classes, be Ashland University faculty or staff or otherwise part of the Library's system.
- Visiting OhioLINK and SearchOhio patrons will need a current valid ID from their home institution.
Need an Eagle Card?
Visit the Eagle Card Office for more information (lower Convo, Student Dining).
Circulation Policies & Fines
Loan period, number of renewals, and fines vary according to material type and policies set by each lending institution (AU Library, OhioLINK, and SearchOhio). Renewal notices are sent as a courtesy to your AU email account, check for timely reminders.
|Material Type||Loan Period||Renewal||Fines|
|AU Library Book||21 days||6||25¢ / day|
|AU Library Media||7 days||1||25¢ / day|
|AU Library Reserves||hour(s)||0||50¢ / hour|
|AU Library Reserves||day(s)||0||50¢ / day|
|AU Seminary (ATS) item||28 days||3||25¢ / day|
|IRC Big Books||21 days||3||25¢ / day|
|IRC K-12 Text & Activity Books||7 days||1||25¢ / day|
|IRC Kits & Book Kits||7 days||1||25¢ / day|
|IRC Posters & Media||7 days||1||25¢ / day|
|OhioLINK Book||21 days||6||50¢ / day|
|OhioLINK Book faculty||42 days||6||50¢ / day|
|OhioLINK Media||7 days||1||50¢ / day|
|SearchOhio Book||21 days||3||50¢ / day|
|SearchOhio Media (not DVD)||21 days||3||50¢ / day|
|SearchOhio DVD||7 days||3||50¢ / day|
OhioLINK and SearchOhio policies and fines are determined solely by those entities and cannot be waived by Ashland University Library. For more information about OhioLINK policies, visit the OhioLINK FAQ page.
Loan Period Facts
Ashland University Library
- The total number of items a student may borrow at any given time is twenty-five (25). This may be a combination of different material types.
- Item limits are set for material type: books = 25, music CDs = 5, DVD, VHS, and audiobook = 3, IRC collection & K-12 texts = 10
- Materials should be returned to the location at which they were checked out. However, they may be returned to any OhioLINK member library. Keep in mind, they cannot be checked in until they reach the Ashland University Library. This may result in late fees.
- Practicum and dissertations may circulate to Ashland University graduate students for a period of three months.
- A one-day grace period for lateness may be applied.
- Circulation privileges for students cease once fines equal or exceed $10.
- Replacement fees for lost and/or damaged items is the cost of the item plus processing fees.
- Ashland University faculty may arrange for an extended circulation period for Ashland University Library materials. Please note that extended faculty loans are subject to recall.
- OhioLINK circulation privileges for faculty and staff may be suspended if fines equal or exceed $25.
- OhioLINK materials, on the 30th day of being overdue the fine changes automatically to $50.
- A $125 fine is charged for OhioLINK materials that are lost, destroyed or not returned.
There are several ways to renew materials:
- Online: Log in to your library account via the MY LIBRARY ACCOUNT quick link on the Library homepage. (Note: Renewal online only works up through the day before the due date.)
- In person: Ashland University Library Circulation Desk, main floor.
Seminary students may renew at the Seminary Library.
- By phone: Call the Ashland University Library Circulation Desk at 419.289.5400 (ext. 5400 on campus).
Seminary patrons should call ATS Library at 419-289-5169 (ext. 5169 on campus)
Renewals may be denied if a hold has been placed on a given item. Recall notices will be sent to you via your Ashland University e-mail account if an item is needed. Materials cannot be renewed if you have a library fine that equals or exceeds $10. All materials must be physically presented at the Circulation Desk for renewal at the end of each semester.
All items may be returned to the Ashland University Library Circulation Desk. For after hours returns, Ashland University Library has a book drop located at service entrance on the building's west side (between the Chapel and The Reinhart Center). Larger materials, such as IRC kits and Big Books, must be returned at the circulation desk.
OhioLINK & SearchOhio Pickup
Items delivered to Ashland University Library may only be picked up and checked out by the person placing the OhioLINK or SearchOhio request. Please do not send someone to pick up your materials on your behalf. The Library is unable to accommodate this request.
Holds & Recalls
If you need an item that is already checked out, go to the Circulation Desk and request that a "hold" be placed on the item. The staff will notify you when the item is available for you to check out.
Any materials checked out to you can be recalled. A recall notice will be sent to you. The notice may contain a new due date. You must abide by the new due date. Please therefore pay close attention to any notice you receive from the Library. Recall messages will also appear in your library account among the list of materials you have checked out.
Due dates are stamped on Library materials during the original check out. You are responsible for abiding by the due dates assigned to your materials. Any questions regarding overdue notices should be addressed to the Ashland University Library Circulation Desk at 419.289.5400 (x5400 on campus).
As a courtesy, the Ashland University Library sends overdue notices by e-mail to your Ashland University e-mail account. If your primary e-mail account is not your Ashland University e-mail account, we recommend setting your Ashland University account to forward messages. Ashland University Library Courtesy Card holders who provide a current email address for their record will receive overdue notices via e-mail.
Ashland University Library and Instructional Resource Center reference materials are for in-library use only. They cannot be checked out, but you are welcome to make photocopies of their contents.
Reference and other non-circulating materials (ex. magazines, journals, newspapers) are designated in the library catalog with a LIB USE ONLY status.
Persons not affiliated with Ashland University may apply for a courtesy card (i.e., community borrower card) at the Ashland University Library Circulation Desk. The cost is $15/year.
Courtesy card holders do not have OhioLINK borrowing privileges and can not check out Ashland University Library's media or Instructional Resource Center (IRC) collection items. For more information on Ashland University Library courtesy cards, please refer to Services for Visitors.