We work to:
- Encourage, support, and enable teaching, research and learning in a positive environment that values self-worth and intellectual inquiry.
- Provide the collections, services and physical environment to encourage curiosity and reflection, and to satisfy information needs as students are challenged to develop intellectually and ethically in accordance with the mission statement of the University.
- Enhance the academic experience by providing our patrons with the resources and confidence to access, evaluate and synthesize information.
We envision a library that:
- Provides services to a variety of clientele, diverse in skills and expectations, non-traditional and residential, physically present and remotely located.
- Maintains a core collection of materials suitable for a comprehensive university and provides links to national and global resources that enhance the core collection.
- Cultivates a physical environment, both technically and aesthetically, that encourages creativity and exploration.
- Creates an atmosphere of trust, support and encouragement among all members of the university community.
- Encourages experimentation in library instruction and alternative library services.
- Utilizes technological advances to open new and broader avenues of intellectual inquiry; to improve bibliographic management and to manage an increasingly complex and diverse universe of information.