If you need help with research, information about your library account, interlibrary loan and OhioLINK, or just need to know who to contact with your question, this page provides an overview of available resources.
Archer Library Reference librarians work with students, faculty, and staff to assist in the research process. We are here to help you find articles, learn how to create effective search strategies, use OhioLINK and Interlibrary loan, and more. AU Librarians can provide extensive help at the reference desk, but if you want to be sure that there will be enough time to fully explore your research question, please schedule a research appointment with one of the reference librarians.
Reference librarians can help you:
- in person at the Reference Desk
- by appointment: online request form
- by phone: 419.289.5402
- by text: 419.938.4134
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by chat: use the widget on this page!
In Person Reference Hours
Fall & Spring Term
Online Reference Hours: Chat
View our Ask a Librarian chat policy page here. Chat availability corresponds with scheduled reference hours. If chat is unavailable, it is possible to submit a Q for the following day.
- Monday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 pm (Weekday evening hours will vary)
- Sunday - 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Why use chat? Ask a Librarian chat provides opportunity to connect with a librarian quickly and efficiently.
Where can I find chat? There's a chat widget on this page! It will automatically slide out for use. Other options are available such as the library home page and AU Library Online library guide. You may also find it on most library guides including English Research.
What kind of questions can I ask with chat? Ask a Librarian chat is mainly for reference questions, but we will be happy to help with other questions, or direct you to the person who can help. If the reference librarian feels the questionis too complicated or not suited for chat, they may request to contact you via email or schedule a zoom appointment.
Zoom Research Appointments
Zoom Appointment Details:
Use your Ashland University email as your name so we can send a Zoom link. Select a day and time for your appointment. Be sure to schedule your appointment at least two hours in advance. Times and availability are subject to change. If there are no open slots at your desired time, please email the reference team at email@example.com.
Instructional Resource Center
Curriculum librarian (education), and the IRC staff will be able to help you:
- In person in the IRC, library second floor during regular hours
- by phone 419.289.5406 (IRC)
- online via chat! learn more about Ask the IRC chat service
- via the IRC FAQs page
- by text 419.938.4134
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Circulation & Reserves
The circulation and reserves staff will be able to help you:
- In person at the circulation desk, library main floor
- by phone: 419.289.5400
- by email at email@example.com
- Circulation & Reserves FAQ page.
Online Resources: Library Guides
Need help finding appropriate research resources for your topic? AU librarians have created a collection of Archer Library Guides to help users navigate the library and information landscape.
What type of library guides are available?
- Research guides have been developed for specific subject areas and typically include library materials (books, e-books, and media), database resources, and internet resources.
- Course guides provide information and resources for specific courses and/or projects and assignments.
- Library Instruction guides are often developed by reference librarians to be used in conjunction with instruction sessions.
- General & topic guides, such as Copyright Resources and Banned Books Week, provide information on topics of interest to library users.
Ashland Theological Seminary (ATS) Library
Ashland Theological Seminary Library staff are available to help seminary students.
- Contact ATS Library by phone at 419.289.5169.
- If you are using the Seminary's toll free number 1.866.287.6446, ask for extension 5169.
- Visit the ATS Library website for additional resources and information.