If you need help with research, information about your library account, interlibrary loan and OhioLINK, or just need to know who to contact with your question, this page provides an overview of available resources.
AU Library Faculty & Staff
Reference librarians are available six days a week during the fall and spring term (no Saturday availability):
- Monday-Thursday, 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Friday, 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 1:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Summer reference help hours are:
- Monday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Reference librarians can help you:
- in person at the Reference Desk
- by appointment (fill out the online request form)
- by phone (419.289.5402)
- by text (419.768.6106)
- by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
AU Librarians can provide extensive help at the reference desk, but if you want to be sure that there will be enough time to fully explore your research question, please schedule a research appointment with one of the reference librarians.
The Instructional Resource Center's curriculum librarian (education), and the IRC staff will be able to help you:
- In person in the IRC, library second floor during regular hours
- by phone 419.289.5406 (IRC)
- online via chat! learn more about Ask the IRC chat service
- via the IRC FAQs page
- by text 419.938.4134
- by email at email@example.com
Library Circulation and Reserves staff will be able to help you:
- In person at the circulation desk on the library main floor
- by phone 419.289.5400
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Circulation & Reserves FAQ page.
Online Help 24/7: Library Guides
Need help finding appropriate research resources for your topic? AU librarians have created a collection of AU Library Guides to help users navigate the library and information landscape.
What type of library guides are available?
- Research guides have been developed for specific subject areas and typically include library materials (books, e-books, and media), database resources, and internet resources.
- Course guides provide information and resources for specific courses and/or projects and assignments.
- Library Instruction guides are often developed by reference librarians to be used in conjunction with instruction sessions.
- General & topic guides, such as Copyright Resources and Banned Books Week, provide information on topics of interest to library users.
Seminary (ATS) Students
Ashland Theological Seminary Library has its own staff who best know your needs as a seminarian. Please contact the Seminary directly at 419.289.5169. If you are using the Seminary's toll free number 1.866.287.6446, ask for extension 5169. The ATS Library website contains additional information.