If you need help with research, information about your library account, interlibrary loan and OhioLINK, or just need to know who to contact with your question, this page provides an overview of available resources.
Chat, text, email, and call! We are here to help.
Reference summer hours are Monday - Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Fall & Spring Hours: Reference help is available six days a week
- Monday-Thursday, 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Friday, 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 1:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Reference librarians can help you:
- in person at the Reference Desk
- by appointment: online request form
- by phone: 419.289.5402
- by text: 419.938.4134
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by chat: use the widget on this page!
AU Librarians can provide extensive help at the reference desk, but if you want to be sure that there will be enough time to fully explore your research question, please schedule a research appointment with one of the reference librarians.
Instructional Resource Center
Curriculum librarian (education), and the IRC staff will be able to help you:
- In person in the IRC, library second floor during regular hours
- by phone 419.289.5406 (IRC)
- online via chat! learn more about Ask the IRC chat service
- via the IRC FAQs page
- by text 419.938.4134
- by email at email@example.com
Library Circulation & Reserves
The circulation and reserves staff will be able to help you:
- In person at the circulation desk, library main floor
- by phone: 419.289.5400
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Circulation & Reserves FAQ page.
Online Resources: Library Guides
Need help finding appropriate research resources for your topic? AU librarians have created a collection of AU Library Guides to help users navigate the library and information landscape.
What type of library guides are available?
- Research guides have been developed for specific subject areas and typically include library materials (books, e-books, and media), database resources, and internet resources.
- Course guides provide information and resources for specific courses and/or projects and assignments.
- Library Instruction guides are often developed by reference librarians to be used in conjunction with instruction sessions.
- General & topic guides, such as Copyright Resources and Banned Books Week, provide information on topics of interest to library users.
Ashland Theological Seminary (ATS) Library
Ashland Theological Seminary Library staff are available to help seminary students.
- Contact ATS Library by phone at 419.289.5169.
- If you are using the Seminary's toll free number 1.866.287.6446, ask for extension 5169.
- Visit the ATS Library website for additional resources and information.