VIEWING THE LIBRARY WEB SITE
Nothing more than Internet access is needed to view the Library's web site. If part/all of the site won't display, there may be a temporary problem with the Library's server or with your own Internet connection. If you continue to get a "cannot display" or other error message, clear the browser's cache of cookies and temporary Internet files. If doing so makes no difference, or if you are unsure how to execute this procedure, contact the Ashland University Library for assistance.
REQUESTING MATERIALS THROUGH OHIOLINK
When you are in the midst of requesting materials online via the OhioLINK library catalog's request form, your browser may display pop-up security messages when you navigate from screen to screen. This is a normal occurrence, so do not be alarmed. It is safe to proceed.
Note that OhioLINK's request form requests you input your first and last name plus your seven-digit Ashland University ID number (without any prefix). Do not use your Ashland University username or computer login password.
If you receive a message regarding an invalid ID number or problematic library record, contact the Ashland University Library.
CONNECTING TO RESEARCH DATABASES FROM THE ASHLAND UNIVERSITY LIBRARY WEBSITE
Most Ashland University Library research databases are accessible only by current students, faculty and staff. When you click on a database link within the Ashland University Library website, you should be taken to an authentication screen that asks for your seven-digit ID number (without any prefix) and your last name. Do not enter your Ashland University username.
The authentication process can fail for various reasons. Here are some ways to troubleshoot the problem:
- If you receive a message regarding an invalid ID number or name, try a second time. (You may have mistyped information.) If the problem persists, contact the Ashland University Library so that we can check your library record. If your library record is verified as being current and complete, you can try clearing your browser's history, cookies, and temporary Internet files before trying again to access the database.
- Test your access to other Ashland University Library database(s). If you can successfully access other databases then the problem is likely to be the particular database (as opposed to a problem with your access). Such problems are usually corrected within a day. Please contact the Ashland University Library if the database continues to be inaccessible.
- Test your access to the database from within OhioLINK's list of databases. If the database is accessible via OhioLINK but not from the Ashland University Library website, please notify the Ashland University Library.
- Try a different web browser (ex. Mozilla / Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari). If your access to the database succeeds in the alternative browser then you should clear the original browser's cache of cookies and temporary Internet files.
- Try enabling cookies and pop-ups or lowering your browser's security setting.
If none of these approaches succeeds, try accessing the database on a different computer at a different location. If you can successfully access the database at the alternate location then the access problem likely derives from a technical issue relating to either your computer or your computer's Internet connection (ex. firewall protection).