Reference librarians are available to assist students six days a week during the regular semester:
- Monday-Thursday 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sunday, 1 p.m.-7 p.m.
During these times students can:
- meet with a reference librarian in person;
- speak with a reference librarian on the phone (419-289-5402);
Need addtional help?
- Schedule a one-on-one research appointment.
- Email questions to the reference staff at email@example.com.
Interlibrary loan is a free service used by students for getting:
- books unavailable through OhioLINK or SearchOhio;
- articles not available through the Ashland University Library's databases or print periodicals collection.
- Note: students who do not attend the Ashland campus can use the interlibrary loan request form to request a scan of an article from the Library's print collections.
Books requested through interlibrary loan are delivered to the main campus Library's Circulation Desk. Requesters will receive an e-mail informing them when items are ready to be picked up.
Articles requested through interlibrary loan are e-mailed directly to the requester.
Login is required to access ILL article and book request forms. Please use your AU username and password credentials.
My Library Account
Log in MY LIBRARY ACCOUNT to monitor due dates, renew materials, and check the status of OhioLINK requests.
Online renewal works up to the item due date; after the due date, contact library circulation at the main desk (419-289-5400) to request a renewal.
Computers are widely available on the main floor, second floor, and inside the Instructional Resource Center. PCs are also available in more limited number on each upper floor.
Printing: Find Me & Google Cloud
AU Library is part of the Find Me Printer (student) campus system. After selecting the Find Me Student printer from your computer, laptop, or mobile device, prints may be released at the following locations:.
- Main Floor -- There are two printers on the main floor, located near the main computer area and recreational reading.
- Second Floor -- A printer is available at the print station located outside the IRC. It is part of the print quota system.
Copy & Scan to email
Multifunction print / scan / copy machines are located on the main floor and second floor.
- Copies are part of the print quota system.
- Scans may be sent to email, login to the network is required for access.
Copyright notice of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials. As such, the person using the equipment is liable for any infringement.
Students may send faxes from AU Library. For more information, ask at the Circulation Desk on the main floor. We are unable to receive faxes in the library.
Two vending machines, dispensing food and drink, are available on the ground floor. Both machines accept AU Eagle card and cash.
Study rooms on the second, fourth, and fifth floor are available on a first-come, first-served basis. It is possible to reserve a study room; ask at the main desk for more information.
- Study rooms have a time limit of three hours.
- Users exceeding the three hour limit may be asked to vacate.
- Users are reminded not to leave items unattended in study rooms.
- AU Library is not responsible for personal items and belongings left unattended in study rooms.
Student job openings for AU Library at the main circulation desk and Instructional Resource Center (IRC) are posted on the AU Career Services portal AU Career Connect.. First time users will need to create an account.
Ashland University Alumni
Alumni wishing to borrow books from AU library may purchase a courtesy card for limited borrowing privileges.
- Annual fee for a courtesy card is $15.00.
- For additional information about courtesy cards, see Library Services for Visitors.
Database Access & Use
We recommend alumni that reside in Ohio get a free library card from the State Library of Ohio for access to similar database resources due to their affiliation with OhioLINK.
- Register online for a free Ohio State Library card
- Learn more about Ohio State Library Access & Privileges